-| prologue

He gave several blinks to his eyelids before clenching the object he was holding. A keychain with two pieces of half-hearts attached together.

That was all he was able to find out at the last moment when he visited his closest friend, with whom he had played since they were toddlers, and she was going to leave him when he turned twelve. He never would have thought that they would part ways, but all he could do was bid her farewell.

He approached her cautiously; she was sobbing aloud and refused to leave the palace to travel to a foreign land. She reasoned that if she left his gollu, he may make new friends and she would lose her closest friend.

"Khwaish, royie mat aap...... apke baba sa apko kuch samey baad vapis ly anyenge." While she was sitting on the steps crying, he attempted to comfort her.

(Khwaish, don't cry your father will eventually bring you back.)

"Apke naye dost ban gaye toh aap hume bhul jayenge." She remarked, scratching the surface with a stone and kept puffing while glancing up at the steps.

(You'll forget about me once you'll find new buddies.)

"Hum apsy vada karte hai apka intzaar karenge, aur koi naya dost nahi banayenge." He placed his hand on her head and gave it a kind stroke. Being raised with ideals and nobility, he was obviously much older than his years, and there was no way he could not be mature, after all he was the prince of the kingdom.

(I swear to you that I'll wait for you and I won't make new friends.)

"Pakka vada."She quickly turned to face him and sealed the deal with a quick flick of her pinky finger. She sings along as they intertwine their little pinky fingers. "na tuttey yeh pathar sa, vada essa tera mera." She giggled and continually used the back of her palms to wipe away her tears.

(Promise me.)

(We pledge to keep it strong, just like a rock.)

"Yeh lijiye issey hmesha apne paas rakhiye ga, issy aap na hume bhul payengi na hum apko."

(You won't be able to forget each other if you carry this all the time with you.)