-| He knows to tease

Khwaish's POV

"Baba-sa hum jaa rahe hain." I remarked to my father as he sat there engrossed in political news on his phone. He's always glued to such things, but I can't stand them.

(Dad, I'm going.)

"Theek hai beta apna khyaal rakhna aur Ramesh apke sath chla Jayega." He responded as he adjusted his glasses, while I gathered my belongings from the sofa, including snacks and essentials for the journey.

(Okay child, take care of yourself and Ramesh will go with you.)

"Koi Nahi baba-sa, Advik aa rahe hain hume pick karne, unke sath chle jayenge." I replied to him and then grabbed my phone to check a few messages.

(No worries Baba-sa, Advik is coming to pick me up, I will go with him.)

"Dekho ajj Ka kya zamana aa Gaya hai pehle sab ek sath Beth Kar baatein Kiya karte the ab toh ye phone ne rishte hi khatam Kar Diya Hain. Jindgi hi inke naam kardi hai nawjawano ne." He started murmuring while I searched for information about the place we were going today.

(Look how the times have come today, earlier everyone could talk together and now this phone has ended the relationship. You youngsters have named your life to this device.)

"Baba-sa abhi toh aap khud phone me lage huye the." I quipped to him, converting my annoyance into a jesting tone.

(Baba, you yourself were busy on the phone just now.)

Is it only my dad who does that?

"Kaha hai phone?" I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled at his unchanging behavior.

(Where is my phone?)

Setting my phone aside, I rested my head on his lap, just like I used to do in childhood when I couldn't sleep at night.

"Baba-sa, hume Nanna-sa aur Nanni-ma ki bhut Yaad aa rahi hai, vo kab humare paas aaayenge." I genuinely missed the warmth of my Nanni-ma, the motherly touch she used to offer me. And Nanna-sa's jovial presence was always a bright spot on even the most sorrowful days.

(Baba-sa, we are missing Nanna-sa and Nanni-ma very much, when will they come to us?)

I've been missing them a lot.

"Jab apke Nana-sa Ko doctor ne travel karni ki permission de Di toh hum unhe bula lenge." I nodded at him and he patted my forearm.

(When the doctor gives permission to your grandfather to travel, we will call him.)

We kept chatting for a while, with me doing most of the talking about what happened yesterday. He grew furious upon hearing about the guards not letting me enter, but I deliberately skipped mentioning my interaction with Yuvraj.

As I left the palace, I couldn't find him, and I felt a pang of guilt for keeping him occupied despite his busy schedule. Yet, his presence beside me always brought a sense of belonging. Even today, I longed to see him and share my thoughts, but in his presence, courage seemed to elude me.

He exudes an aura of both danger and comfort simultaneously, but when he laughs, it's the most beautiful thing.

I have a whole list of things I want to know about him, but the intensity in his eyes when they meet mine always silences me.

"Khwaish Kahan kho gayi chliye Advik darvaze par khade Hain." Lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize he was calling me until he caught my attention. Nodding, I got up from the sofa, giving him a side hug before hurrying to grab my packed backpack.