-| Burning without fire

IMPORTANT!

Ranveer's name is changed to Advik Singh Rathore.

"Shaadi ke bina hum kisi ko apni patni nahi keh sakte." At least knowing that I wasn't the only one who had kept all the promises; she had also kept the keychain with her, wearing it as a pendant all this time. Her silly remarks only confirmed that she didn't want to share me with anyone else. I couldn't explain the mixture of amusement and relief flooding through me.

(Without marriage, I cannot call anyone my wife.)

Aag dono taraf hai, aap nahi janti apki jalan ne humare andar kya kiya hai. bas apko hume apne rang mai dhalne dijiye, jaldi hi apko apni patni keh payenge.

(The fire is on both sides, you don't know what your jealousy has done to me. Just let yourself be immersed in my colors, soon I will be able to call you my wife.)

The innocence reflected in those gentle, light brown eyes stirred within me a fierce sense of protectiveness. I felt an overwhelming urge to shield her from the harsh realities of the world, to preserve the purity of her curiosity for as long as possible. It seemed too soon, too fragile a time for her to be exposed to certain experiences that could tarnish her innocence.

"Matlab?" I cleared her doubts, and finally, she seemed a bit more relaxed around me. Though she didn't talk much as we strolled around, she pointed out the renovations she observed and stole a few glances at me. However, she quickly diverted her eyes whenever our gazes met.

(What?)

Throughout our encounter, I couldn't help but be captivated by the effortless beauty she exuded. There was a purity to her appearance, an absence of pretense or artifice that struck me deeply. Her natural grace and authenticity were like a breath of fresh air in a world saturated with superficiality.

I really want to start a conversation with her, even though I'm already familiar with her background. Asking about her education, work, or life is just a way to show genuine interest and deepen our connection.

I hadn't even spoken yet when the strange whispers from behind disrupted my thoughts once more.

"Ab aap sab bahar aa rahe ya hum vaha aane ki takleef kare?" I asked without glancing at the trio. I had realized a while ago that these curious creatures were trailing us, attempting to eavesdrop on our conversation as we neared the end of our tour.

(Are you all coming out now or should I make the effort to come there?)

"Ahh!!" I heard a scream, and my head instinctively turned towards the source. I saw Advik lying on the floor, face down, likely thrown by Apoorva and Devika, who were unsuccessfully hiding behind the wall.

I knew they wished for their demise. They simply refused to let me breathe the air of peace.

"Yaar we were partners." Advik said as he got up from the floor. Upon hearing this, they all emerged, wearing sheepish smiles on their faces and exchanging nervous glances with each other.

"Ap logo ko kuch chahiye?" I asked, arching one eyebrow inquisitively.

(Do you need anything?)

"Nahi."

"Haan."

"Vo..."

(No.

Yes.

That...)

"Advik Bhai-sa vlog bna rahe hain." Apoorva quickly covered up and flashed a mischievous smile.

(Advik Bhai-sa is making a vlog)

I'm not that stupid to not see what they were actually trying to do.