-| I have your back

Today, in her presence, I felt as though I had unlocked a hidden aspect of myself, a side that lay dormant until now. It was as if being with her allowed me to shed the layers of inhibition and sophistication, revealing a version of myself I never knew existed.

Her endearing confusion and shyness in response to my remarks filled me with a sense of affectionate amusement that defied explanation. Each hesitant smile and blush only added to her undeniable allure, leaving me utterly captivated by her adorable demeanour.

With every passing moment, the pull of her gaze grew stronger, until I felt as though I was teetering on the precipice of surrender, ready to lose myself entirely in the depths of her eyes.

Right now, we were on our way to the so-called weekend trip, and thanks to a successful plan orchestrated by my siblings, she was finally joining me for the ride.

Those bunch of matchmakers still think I'm not oblivious to what they're trying to do.

"Aap chahe toh thori Der so sakti hain abhi Hume pohnchne mai thori Der hai." I recommend her looking at the way she was blinking her eyes with heaviness maybe she was feeling bored in my company. People around me often call me boring so it's not hard to get it.

(You can rest for a while if you want, we still have some time to reach there.)

"Agar apke samne itne sundar nazare hon toh sokar vakaht zaya nahi karna chahiye." She replied to me looking out of the window.

(If there are such beautiful sights in front of you, one shouldn't waste time sleeping.)

"hum apki baat se sehmat hain, agar humare samne duniya Ka sabse dilkash nazara hai toh hum Kahan Usko nihaare bina reh payenge." I said, but my intentions weren't directed towards the silent road with its beautiful scenery outside; they were meant for her.

(I agree with you. If the most enchanting sight in the world is in front of us, how can we resist beholding it?)

I felt blessed seeing the small smile that formed on her lips in response to my words. She nodded silently, and the rest of the ride passed in silence, with her enjoying the outside view while I quietly admired her, occasionally glancing at the document in my hand.

After a while, I received a message from Aditya informing me that they had already reached the destination, but we were still 15 minutes away from arriving.

"Yuvraj aap.." My attention shifted to her, but before she could say anything further, a loud voice interrupted in the most unexpected way-I immediately recognized it as a gunshot. The car came to a sudden halt, with a noticeable bend on one side, indicating that the gunshot had likely flattened the tire.

(Yuvraj you...)

In a reflex action, I instinctively pulled Khwaish into my arms, sensing her scared and confused expression. I buried her in my chest, bending her down and protectively covering her body with mine, anticipating another gunshot. In that moment, my concern wasn't for myself, but for the life I held in my arms. The closeness allowed me to hear her heartbeat, a comforting rhythm amidst the chaos.

Who the hell did that?! I exclaimed in my mind racing with disbelief. No one had ever dared to plan attacks against me; this was truly unexpected.

"Niwas, take out the guns," I ordered, and without further argument, he left the car to retrieve them from the trunk.

From my rare view, I saw Niwas already standing there with guns in hand, which assured me that it was time for me to assess the situation outside.

"khwaish aap niche jhuke rehna jab tak hum vapis nahi aate yaha se hiliye ga nahi, theek hai?" I instructed. She didn't reply directly but shook her head negatively. Then she asked,