- | New day, New start

As I was still half asleep, someone's hands stroked on my hair that invited me to nuzzle down more into that cosy touch.

"Bacche uth ja, phir late hogaye toh apne hmara koosoor nikalna hai." My naani- ma's sweetest voice rang into my ears making me groan as today I really wished to abandon the idea of leaving this comfortable bed and going out to work in this bitterly cold weather.

(Child, wake up, if you'll get late then you'll blame me.)

"Thand hai Naani- ma." I made an effort to respond to her while snuggling more into the bedspread. I don't know why but somehow I was really feeling chilli today, maybe it's because of the change in the weather.

(It's cold.)

"Heater chal raha hai aur andar toh normal tempreture hai, apko bukhaar toh nahi ho gaya." I felt the concern in her voice even without looking at her.

(Heater is on and it's room temperature inside, have you caught fever?)

"Hum theek hai kuch nahi hua hume." she tried to touch my forehead but I was quick enough to hop out of the bed. Like a gym rat I showed her my biceps and then my white teeth.

(I'm fine nothing happened to me.)

"Dekho hum bilkul theek hai aap bekaar mai tension ly rahi hai. Arey baba, itna time ho gaya ajj toh hum pakka late ho jayege." I put on my slippers and fled towards the bathroom.

(Look I'm absolutely fine, you are uselessly being tense, omg, I'll definitely get late today time is running.)

"Arey hume dekhne toh den Khwaish." I peaked from the half opened bathroom door to peer at her.

(At least let me see, khwaish.)

"Ghoreh jese chlaange maar rahe hain hum apko kaha sy bimaar dikh rahein hain. Ab aap sach mai hume late kara rahi hain. 2 min mai aaye tyaar hokar." I winked at her to which she shake her head with a silent smile on her face, rocking the back of her hand, she indicated me to get in.

(I'm hopping like a horse and you think I have fever. Now I'll really get late because of you.)

After closing the door and turning on the tap I waited for a while, the movement I sensed she must have already left I turned the tap off. With contact of my palm on my forehead I sensed, indeed it was very warm, no doubt my body felt as if it was set on fire.

Honestly, I was feeling really frail, but I have to put up an act infront of my Naani- ma owing to the fact that once she get to know I am not well. She's gonna be as tense as the news of The World getting demolished. Her whole day would be devoted around me, concerning about my diet, heath, clothes, and what not. I know at the end of the day she would get exhausted but won't take even a nap, and I'm well aware of her habit.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I won't take a shower otherwise my condition will get worsen, probably I shouldn't have stayed in the bathtub for a long time last night.

My eyelids were heavy even with great attempts , I wasn't able to feel fresh like every other day.

If I take a day off My Naani- ma would definitely be suspicious so I had no other choice than going to Academy, I don't want to worry her unnecessarily and I will be alright after consuming pills, so No big deal.

I hurriedly changed my clothes and applied a little bit of light makeup including base, foundation and mascara, eyeliner with a light shade of lipstick. I'm not a fan of make-up but I need to look normal.

Finishing of my outfit with a huge black coat I went out to find my Nanna- sa sitting on his favourite spot in this house with one leg over the other, on the sofa infront of the TV. The look on his face spouted seriousness as he was having a conversation on the phone.