Scar

Summary: Merlin has another secret that he keeps close to himself and not many people know of it . One event causes the rest of the Knights of the Round Table to learn about his scar and the bad story behind it.

⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁

Merlin POV ◈

I woke up with the sun rising in my eyes and I knew I had to go wake up Arthur so he wouldn't complain that I was late. 

I felt a sudden pain in my neck and I knew what was going on and quickly took the pain posion I always have in my room. After a few painful minutes, the pain thankfully stopped and I could breathe easy.

I put my hand slowly on my neck but quickly took it away feeling the piercing pain. I had several scars before I came to Camelot and acquired more during my service and protection of Arthur over the past 7 years.

However, this wound on my neck is different and likes to remind me of myself when I least expect it. It is from a magical metal collar that was forced on me when I was 7 years old by people running some organization. They kidnapped young boys and trained them on their as pawns to fight.

They killed the weakest, the strong-willed and those who rebelled. There were a lot of druids there and for that those magic collars. 

They stopped some of the magic and they would shatter their necks if someone tried to use magic to pull them off or to punish us.

I quickly learned that I had to be quiet and careful not to be punished. Fortunately for me, I was punished with the collar a few times so I didn't suffer like others. 

After two and a half years or 8 months I'm not quite sure there I managed to gain some friends with whom we were able to make an escape plan.

Everything was going according to plan until one of my friends betrayed us and because of him we were severely punished.

They gave us one last chance to surrender and serve them without question. We immediately objected and this caused my friends death. 

What my occupants didn't expect would be that because they forced me to look at my friends death my magic would tear my collar and attack them.

My magic is the most powerful and combined with my emotions it is even more powerful so the wave of magic I released killed them quickly. 

I went quickly to let the rest of them out of their cages and we dispersed in our directions.

It took me about 3 months to get back to Ealdor and when I got home I was in bad shape. My mother immediately wrote a letter to Uncle Gaius and he arrived within two days. 

He did everything he could to help my neck and succeeded in healing the wound for the most part but what remained was a terrible scar that likes to hurt me from time to time. It is pale most of the time but when it starts to hurt it looks like it is just done.

When it hurts me it doesn't always hurt as much sometimes it hurts me a little but there are times where I can't speak or move my head. Uncle then says Arthur that I have overworked myself and need a day or two of rest.

The only people who know about this scar in Camlot are Lanc, Mordred and Morgana because of the fact that it started to hurt me with them helping me when the scar starts to hurt. 

I shook my head to get rid of these unpleasant memories and prepared for another day with the Knights of the Round Table along with the King. I left my room and noticed Gaius working on something