Untouchable

Summary: As long as Merlin is close to him Arthur is untouchable. Good Morgana and Mordred. Arthur is King

⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁

Night time

Merlin POV ◈

I woke up suddenly when my magic alerted me that something was wrong. I knew I had to go to Arthur's chamber quickly. 

I don't know why but I had a bad feeling. Quickly but carefully and nimbly I dodged the guards heading to Arthur's chamber.

My premonition became stronger when I found an unconscious terror not far from the chamber. When I reached the door I heard two voices 

'' Do it now. There is a change of guards is soon and I don't want to get caught '' he said and I quietly entered the room. I saw one of them standing over Arthur with a dagger in his hand I knew I had to act fast

'' If you try to do what I think you want to do it will end badly for you. You will not get out of here alive and that's a promise '' I said catching their attention.

'' And how will you stop us boy. You are just a servant and only one here '' said one of them 

'' I am more than that '' I said and threw the one near Arthur into the wall. I felt how my magic was ready to help me.

'' You have magic and you protect the son of a tyrant. You betray your kin for him. We both know when he finds out about your magic he will sentence you to death. After all, everyone knows what kind of father such a son '' said the other one

'' You are wrong Arthur is not like Uther. Arthur is the one and only true king of Camelot. It is not his fault what Uther has done and I will not allow you to punish him for his father's actions '' I said 

'' How will you do it scrawny '' he said

'' Easy like that '' I replied and felt my magic come to the front and my eyes turn golden. In a few seconds they both turned into rats.

I grabbed them by their tails and threw them out the window. I looked around the chamber to see if anyone else was hiding and approached Arthur's bed carefully and quietly.

Fortunately for me, he was still asleep '' As long as I live no one will harm you Arthur. I swear on my life that I will protect you until my last breath '' I said quietly with a small smile. 

I looked around the chamber once more when I was sure Arthur was safe I quietly left his chamber and carefully without being seen I returned to Gaius chamber. I was hoping to get a few more hours of sleep.

A little bit earlier

Arthur POV

Meeting after meeting, hundreds of documents to read and sign. Including still training with the knights I don't have the energy for it anymore. 

I need a break from all this I can't remember when was the last time I went on a hunting expedition with Merlin, Leon, Lancelot, Persival, Gwaine, Elyan and Mordred.

Fortunately, I have no appointments for another six days this gives me a good time to go on a hunting expedition. I knew Merlin wouldn't be happy about it. Merlin my sweet idiot what would I do without him. I can pretend that he is just a servant to me but he is so much more.

He is my first true friend, my most faithful advisor and one of the few people I can truly count on. It was late but I knew I had to get to bed for tomorrow's expedition and dealing with Merlin's whining.