Flowers

Carmens Pov

Elle stayed at my house last night. We decided just to lock the place up and we still haven't told anyone (adults) about what happened. 

I got a text from Archie last night saying that Oliver asked him to tell you that no matter what get Elle to answer the door at 5 o clock. I was confused to say the least but honestly who knows with Oliver. 

Elle comes down in the cute outfit i laid out for her. She looks adorable. She did her her all cute too.  I wanted to try make her feel better and nothing does that better than a cute outfit. She sits down on the couch beside me and I give her a little hug. We spend the day sitting around and chatting. Occasionally watching a few movies.  The clock goes to exactly 5 o clock and the door bell rings. 

"Elle can you answer that" I say picking up my phone and pretending that Archie is calling me. 

Eleni's Pov 

I get up to answer the door for Carmen. I think Archie called her. 

I open the door and there stands Oliver and Phoebe. 

Phoebe hold out a big bouquet of pink and white flowers. 

"These are for you" she says the minute I open the door. Oliver smiles. 

"Oh my goodness thank you Phoebe these are so pretty" I say going down on my knees so I am level with her. She wraps her little arms around my neck and hugs me. 

"Let's go" she says grabbing my hand. 

"Oh where are we going" I say giving Oliver a confused look. 

"Shopping" she shouts excitedly. Carmen comes up behind me and peaks out the door. 

"Go go go" she whispers to me holding out a pair of converse and a jacket which i quickly put on. 

"I would love to go shopping i say to Phoebe" as she starts to pull me down the driveway flowers still in hand. Oliver catches up to us and opens the door for me. 

"Thanks for the flowers" I whisper to him, hoping Phoebe didn't hear. 

"Any time Elle" he says closing my door. 

He then drives us into town. He lifts Phoebe out of the car and i follow them. 

"Your plan better work Elle" he whispers to me. 

"It will don't you worry" I say back with a smile. 

We wandering into a few different stores having a look around hoping Phoebe will unknowingly pick out a present. We had almost lost hope until we walked into the most adorable vintage toy store. It's super busy because we are so close to Christmas. Phoebe runs out of Oliver's grip straight over to the most adorable Minnie Mouse teddy bear with a little pink dress on. 

"Can I have this please " she asks Oliver putting on the puppy eyes. 

"No Pheebs not today, you will be getting lots of presents from Santa soon" he tells her gently pulling her out of the store. He asks me to take her for a doughnut while he's goes back in to get the teddy. 

I lift her up and we walk to the doughnut stand. 

"Which one Phoebe " I say showing her all the options. 

"Pink sprinkles" she says. 

That girls got taste 

"Good choice" I say ordering for her. We sit down as she eats her pink doughnut in happiness. I see Oliver walking towards us. He dropped the bags of in the car so that Phoebe wouldn't get suspicious. When she finishes her doughnut we get back in the car and he brings us back to their house. 

We walk in and there stands Oliver's dad. Phoebe runs into his arms and he picks her up and spins her around. 

"Hey there Eleni" he says with a friendly smile. 

"Hi" I say smiling back. 

"Dad, what are you doing here" Oliver says hanging up mine and his jackets. 

"Your moms going out with friends tonight so I thought I come home early and make you guys dinner" he says finally putting Phoebe down. I turn to Oliver. 

"I should go" 

"Why would you do that"

"Because it's a family dinner Oliver" 

"We would be more than happy to have you" Oliver's Dad shouts from the kitchen. 

"Are you sure" I say looking up at Oliver. 

"Of course" he says putting his arm around me and walking me towards the dining room. He pulls out the chair for me to sit on and then sits down beside me and smiles. Oliver's dad walks in 2 minutes later with a huge bowls of pasta for the both of us. He picks up Phoebe puts her on one of the chairs and gives her some pasta. He then sits down himself across from Oliver and I. We all eat in peace for about 5 minutes. Until. 

"Oh no" Phoebe shouts 

"Pheebs what's wrong" Oliver's dad asks looking worried. 

"Ellie we left your flowers in the car" she says calling me by my new nickname. 

"That's ok Phoebe the flowers will be ok" 

"No they won't Ellie they are gonna die" she says hoping off her chair. Oliver jumps up before I can and runs after her. He gently takes her hand and they walk out to the car to get my flowers. Leaving Oliver's Dad and i together. 

"So Eleni how have you been" 

"I'm ok" i say to him giving him a smile. 

I will forever be grateful for Oliver's Dad. After my dad died he would call over every single day after his work and make sure I was ok. He found out about the situation with my mum so he didn't want me to be alone all the time. He used to walk me to my dads grave so I could put flowers beside it because i was too upset to go alone and didn't want Carmen to have to go with me all the time.  He would often offer for me to go to his house for dinners  but I kindly declined each time. He had done so much for me I didn't want to be annoying. He has his own family to be thinking about. 

"Well always remember that I am happy to help you in any way possible" 

"I don't know if Oliver told you but I asked him to thank you for everything you have done for me it really means a lot" 

"That's no problem Eleni" 

Phoebe and Oliver walk in hand in hand with my big bouquet of flowers. 

"Come on Ellie we have to give them water" she says running over to me. 

"Okay then let's go" I say standing up and taking her hand. Oliver follows us with his dad following also. Oliver lifts Phoebe up onto the counter and she puts the flowers into the sink. She then decides to put the water on full blast soaking herself in the process. I quickly turn it off and laugh. 

We then put the flowers in a pretty vase. Phoebe is finally satisfied. She runs out of the kitchen with her dad. I pick up my phone to check my messages. Oliver walks up to me. He brushes a piece of my hair out of my face and behind my ear. 

"Tell me when you want to leave, I don't want you to feel like your stuck here" he says, his hands still playing with the ends of my hair. 

"I could never feel stuck when I'm with you Olly, I don't want to go back to my house to be honest" "I'm to scared to see if anyone has been in again" I say looking down at my hands. 

"Ill be right there with you" he says to me hand still in my hair. 

"Thank you for everything Olly" I say hugging him. I don't know how else to thank him. 

Phoebe