Chapter 12

Who would hide in a place like that at a time like this? It seemed suspicious.

The muscle-bound man furrowed his brows, shouting, "Who? Come out!"

However, the footsteps suddenly disappeared, leaving complete silence. An Yu, witnessing this change, felt a glimmer of hope and looked up, shouting, "Help!"

The muscle-bound man signaled his lackey, who understood and discreetly retreated, preparing to flank from behind. Meanwhile, the muscle-bound man remained in place, trying to draw the attention of the unseen person.

He forcefully pulled An Yu along, moving forward and taunting, "Someone wants to play the hero? If that's the case, stop hiding and come out openly."

He estimated the speed at which his lackey was moving.

Waiting for the opponent to arrive, they planned to attack from both ends. As a precaution, they didn't hastily engage.

As he closed the distance, he involuntarily stopped in his tracks. This was his territory, every nook and cranny known to him. Yet, just a few meters away, it felt like an invisible beast lurked, ready to pounce the moment he approached.

Cold sweat dripped down the muscular man's back, and he stood frozen, reluctant to move forward. Humans always feel fear towards the unknown, and the muscular man was no exception. He dared not advance recklessly, calculating time in his mind. It had been a while; his accomplice should have reached the destination by now.

"Thud."

Suddenly, a muffled sound echoed from the darkness ahead, the unmistakable sound of a body hitting the ground. Success?

The muscular man wasted no time; with a swing of his strong arm, he signaled his comrades to move forward with him. Just as they took a step, a dark figure lunged towards them.

Thinking it was an enemy attack, the muscular man instinctively dodged. The shadow landed on the head of the person behind him. When he turned to look, it turned out to be a coat.

Footsteps resounded again as the person approached. Soon, the aura became more intense, pressing down heavily.

The muscular man felt stiff, almost unable to move. Yet, relying on sheer determination, he turned to face the approaching figure.

He couldn't match his strength. Despite the significant size difference, in the presence of this person, he felt incredibly small.

The light source at the back door of the bar was only a dim light hanging by the door.

The light source was distant, and the illumination too dim; the opponent's face remained hidden in the darkness, somewhat blurry. Only the overall silhouette and a head of light gray hair were visible.

As the distance closed, the pheromones were no longer just the lurking beast in the shadows. It aggressively opened its bloodthirsty jaws, aiming to bite their heads off.

The first to succumb to this terrifying aura were the followers behind. Without time to resist, each of them turned pale and collapsed.

"A bunch of useless trash," the muscular man clicked his tongue. Although he cursed verbally, he couldn't hold out much longer; his legs trembled uncontrollably.

Despite attempting to release his own pheromones, it was like ants facing an elephant, ruthlessly crushed without mercy.

An Yu's head was covered by his clothes, unable to see what was happening. However, he too stood frozen, even forgetting to escape.

Originally, his pheromones had not been awakened, and he shouldn't have a significant reaction to others' pheromones. Until now, he could vaguely sense the existence of others' pheromones, but it was just a fuzzy perception, a sense of liking or repulsion.