Chapter 42

Shortly after the disciplinary team left, the club's recruitment activities resumed. Bai Yu looked at Mu Sihan and asked, "Are you interested in joining the disciplinary team?"

Upon hearing this, Mu Sihan glanced back without saying anything.

Bai Yu smiled and said, "After all, with your personality, if you weren't interested, you would have left already."

Mu Sihan remained silent, averting his gaze.

Just then, a dark shadow suddenly attacked. Sensing a sharp aura, Mu Sihan frowned and instinctively reached out to block.

Shang Yufei, unexpected, tried to pull Bai Yu, but instead, he was intercepted by the stranger beside him. Scanning the newcomer, he furrowed his brows and asked, "What are you doing?"

Mu Sihan's tone was icy as he retorted, "What are you doing?"

Bai Yu was also taken aback, finally recognizing the newcomer's identity.

They had been unable to contact each other for days and had planned to meet later, but they hadn't expected to encounter each other in such a place.

Seeing the awkward atmosphere between his roommate and his boyfriend, Bai Yu stepped in between them, smiling at Mu Sihan. "Sorry, I know him. He's my... high school senior."

Upon hearing this, Mu Sihan didn't say much and eased his strength.

Shang Yufei snorted lightly, then pulled Bai Yu forcefully, leading him away in another direction.

Mu Sihan watched them leave. Although he felt the attitude of the so-called "high school senior" was strange, it wasn't his concern.

As he turned to leave, he bumped into another alpha.

The figure before him was tall, blocking out much of the light just by standing there. With short-cropped hair, he had a silly grin on his face.

"Sorry for startling you. My boss has a bad temper."

Mu Sihan looked at him coldly.

Wu Zihao continued, "Since my boss knows your friend, it means there's some connection between us. I'm a sophomore at the Comprehensive Military Academy, so I should be your senior. Let's be friends..."

Before he could finish his sentence, the handsome blond youth had already bypassed him and walked away.

"Hey, wait, where are you going?"

Wu Zihao hurriedly chased after him.

Between his boss and the beautiful person, he chose the beautiful person.

On the other side, Bai Yu was constantly pulled forward by Shang Yufei. The latter walked ahead, remaining silent throughout.

They moved away from the bustling central square. The students around them became increasingly sparse until only the two of them were left.

Bai Yu vaguely sensed something amiss. "What's wrong with you?" he asked.

It wasn't until then that Shang Yufei suddenly stopped and turned around.

Having not seen each other for several months, Bai Yu had expected their reunion to be joyful. But now, looking at Shang Yufei's expression, it seemed as if he didn't recognize him at all, with a complicated look on his face.

By this time, they had arrived at a secluded courtyard on campus. The gentle breeze brushed past, causing the leaves to sway gently.

"Why are you here?" Shang Yufei asked, with a tug at the corner of his mouth. "And also, high school senior?"