Chapter 23

"Boom!"

Even without the reminder from the headmaster, the people in the office noticed the unusual sight outside the window.

A private airship was approaching the academy. The airship was pure black, with sleek and beautiful lines. As it flew by, it stirred up a terrifying hurricane.

In the empire, those who could own such a private airship were few and far between. The headmaster, being well-informed, immediately guessed who the person was.

In a fluster, he said, "Quickly, let's go down!"

Captain Fang was also astonished. Although he was considered part of the military, he was just a junior officer, a world apart from the higher-ranking generals.

Even he was witnessing such a scene for the first time. Could it be that someone from the military... had come for this child?

Thinking of this, he couldn't help but steal a glance at Bai Yue.

The expression on the other side didn't show much change. Because the window was open, the wind blew into the room, lifting the boy's light gray bangs, revealing a smooth forehead.

Perhaps sensing the gaze, the other party looked back and smiled slightly.

"Hmm!"

Captain Fang finally understood why his son always talked about Bai Yue. Indeed, Bai Yue was handsome, but that smile was truly annoying.

By now, the headmaster had rushed out in a panic, and the homeroom teacher was about to follow. However, he remembered that Fang Zhenren's parents were still present and turned back, saying, "Both of you, higher-ups from the military are coming. Let's discuss Fang Zhenren's matter later."

At this point, Fang's parents' faces no longer showed their previous arrogance. They nodded obediently, "Of course, you go ahead and deal with your matters first."

The homeroom teacher then turned to Bai Yue, "You go back to the classroom first, we'll call you if needed."

The sudden arrival of military personnel was unexpected, and it was unclear what the reason might be. If Bai Yue himself was indeed an S+ level Alpha, it was very likely that they had come for him.

But it was still uncertain. If the military were to come up later, it wouldn't be appropriate for the students to stay here.

Bai Yue nodded and walked out of the office.

The homeroom teacher then left as well. Fang's parents exchanged a glance and followed suit.

For the students of Luo Hua Academy, this day would probably be unforgettable for the rest of their lives.

After the end of the awakening period, there were hardly any other major events for the third year students. They only focused on revising day after day, preparing for the upcoming college entrance examination.

But all of this seemed to have little relevance to the underachiever Li Ren.

He still did as he always did, placing a book on his desk to shield his view and burying his head to sneakily play with his phone.

However, he seemed somewhat absent-minded. After Bai Yue was called away by the homeroom teacher, he didn't return until class was over, and Li Ren had no idea what had happened.

He sighed heavily, put away his phone, and turned to look out the window.

The sky was a clear blue, sunlight streaming through the window, casting a warm and cozy atmosphere, making one feel drowsy. The teacher's voice from the podium sounded like a hypnotic melody.