Chapter 29

Location, Skyport.

This was an establishment specially designated by the empire for docking airships. The major distinction between airships and airplanes lies in the former's ability to conduct time-space jumps to other star systems, while the latter can only fly within the same star system.

As this was Bai Yu's first long journey away from home, the whole family came along.

The Bai family had been here before when Shang Yu departed. But no matter how many times they saw it, they couldn't help but marvel at the grandeur of this place.

The hall was spacious, bright, and clean. Through the large transparent French windows, there stood a magnificent airship, capable of accommodating thousands of people, with its wings spread out and ready for takeoff.

Passersby were all dressed in fine attire, exuding an unmistakable aristocratic air in their every move.

After all, airship tickets were expensive, beyond the means of ordinary people—and generally speaking, they had no need to jump between star systems. So, those who appeared at this "Skyport" were all individuals with substantial wealth.

The Bai family was an exception.

Due to Bai Yu's special status as a scholarship student, the school had actively provided this ticket.

Bai Yu took off his uniform from Lohua Academy and put on casual clothes, dragging a suitcase in his hand.

Bai's mother kept chattering all the way. Even when they arrived here, she showed no sign of stopping: "Don't be nervous about the exam. Once you get there, you'll be on your own. Get along well with your classmates. Remember to keep in touch when you have time, and if you encounter any difficulties, tell us at home."

According to the regulations, after being admitted through the interview, scholarship students still need to take the internal scholarship examination at the school.

Although Bai Yu's "interview" experience was somewhat unusual, he still needed to follow the subsequent procedures as stipulated.

Bai Yu: "Yes, I know."

Bai's father pulled his wife: "Alright, you've repeated the same words over and over again. We're not often at home, and Yu Yu is already very independent. There's nothing to worry about."

With that, he looked at his son, "Have you contacted Xiao Shang?"

Bai Yu shook his head: "He should be in makeup classes. I plan to contact him after his exams are over."

Bai's father nodded, saying nothing more.

Then, Bai Yu looked at his younger brother beside him. The latter shrank behind their mother, refusing to look at him.

He squatted halfway down and said to the figure with his back turned to him, "Mom and Dad are very busy with work and can't take care of you. I've been teaching you to cook during this time. Have you learned the basics?"

The younger brother's voice sounded muffled, "Yes, I have."

Bai Yu: "I'm leaving."

Bai Yiyu: "..."

Bai Yu: "Aren't you going to hug your big brother?"

Bai Yiyu remained motionless. Bai's mother noticed her younger son hiding behind her, his hand trembling slightly as he clutched her clothes.

Feeling somewhat helpless, she said to Bai Yu, "He's just feeling embarrassed. Don't mind him."

At this moment, the broadcast echoed through the hall. There was less than half an hour left before the next flight departed.