Chapter 19

Shrouded in moonlight, the two boarded the floating bus. There wasn't much exchange between them during the journey, only their hands tightly intertwined.

They soon disembarked. Not far away, warm light emanated from a house.

Shoulder to shoulder, they walked towards the brightness. But as they approached the door, Bai Yue suddenly halted.

Shang Yufei glanced at him, then turned back, "It's okay, I'm here."

This simple sentence undoubtedly gave Bai Yue great courage. He grasped Shang Yufei's hand tightly, steadied himself, and walked towards the house.

Just as they opened the door, the living room echoed with hurried footsteps.

"Brother!"

His younger brother rushed into a bear hug, bumping Bai Yue's abdomen. He stepped back, patting his brother's head helplessly.

Shang Yufei grabbed Bai Yiyan's collar, pulling him aside, "Alright, you're about to give your brother internal injuries."

Bai Yiyan slapped Shang Yufei's hand away, walking aside without saying a word.

At that moment, Bai's father and mother happened to walk out of the house.

"Yue Yue!" Bai's mother grabbed her son's hand, "Let Mom see, did your classmate hurt you?"

Bai Yue shook his head, "I'm fine." He paused, "Sorry for worrying you."

Bai's mother said, "No need to apologize. Come, let's go inside first."

Bai Yue was pulled inside. He looked at his mother's figure, words stuck in his throat.

However, the longer this dragged on, the more courage he might lose—just like when he used to avoid Shang Yufei.

Bai Yue breathed out softly, whispering, "You should know by now."

The woman in front of him paused. She exchanged a glance with her husband, then turned back, "Mom thinks it must be a mistake in the notification letter. Tomorrow, I'll accompany you to the hospital to correct the information."

Bai Yue remained silent.

He knew his parents would also find it hard to accept. After all, he had lived as an Omega since childhood. Suddenly turning into an Alpha would be difficult for anyone to understand.

"The doctor checked twice, and the results were the same," Bai Yue said, "The second differentiation should be real."

Bai's mother suddenly didn't know what to say, looking to her husband for help.

Bai's father intervened, "Anyway, let's not stand here. Let's go in and talk." He looked at the boy standing by the door, "Xiao Shang, you come in too."

A few minutes later, the whole family sat in the living room, starting a long-awaited family meeting.

Bai Yue briefly recounted the process of going to the hospital that day, as well as what the doctor said, and concluded, "So this test result should be accurate."

Bai's parents were momentarily speechless, unsure of what to say. Cases of second differentiation were not unheard of, but they had never imagined that this would happen to their son.

Bai's mother remained silent for a long time before speaking up, "In that case, you and Xiao Shang..." Her gaze shifted between the two boys.

And the following words were the crux of the matter.

Bai Yue glanced at Shang Yufei, then reached out and placed his hand on top of his.

Just this one gesture made Bai's parents understand their son's intention.