Chapter 54

"Oh, right! There are others."

After a moment of excitement, the military academy students finally snapped back to reality and began to take action.

"Everyone, take pictures and upload them to the mission backend!"

"Ah, damn, still no signal."

"Let's get out of the mountains first!"

Some of them took pictures, while others attended to the soldiers who had fainted. Including the officers, all soldiers from Lia Star were tightly bound to the columns by the academy students.

Stepping out of the mine, the sky had completely darkened. Above the night sky, a few dim stars were scattered across the horizon.

Together, the group made their way down the mountain, rescuing a few fellow students along the way.

These students had gotten lost in the fog, constantly harassed by a giant wolf and were utterly exhausted.

It wasn't until the giant wolf ceased its actions that they finally had a chance to catch their breath. Upon hearing that the incident had been resolved, they were overjoyed.

However, their joy did not last long.

When they arrived at the base of the mountain ready to submit their task, they discovered that this three-star military merit task was already marked as "completed."

All the selected cadets were stunned.

What the hell? Someone had completed the task ahead of them. But how could this be! They had been in the mine the whole time!

Someone speculated in shock, "Could it be those who tied us up?"

Although their first guess was people from the Lia Star government, considering those people would rather kill them on the spot, it didn't seem like they would go through the extra trouble.

But who else could it be?

The group was baffled.

Beneath this vast mountain range, joy was replaced with a chorus of wails.

A gentle breeze passed by, carrying away a few falling leaves. The interlocking leaves rustled together, making a soft sound.

Bai Yue, feeling something, looked up. But atop the large tree, there was only moonlight, no one to be seen.

Cao Xin noticed and asked, "What's up?"

"No," Bai Yue shook his head, "I just felt like someone was watching me."

Despite not knowing who had completed the military merit task first, they dutifully made their report.

The patrol team, upon arrival, also reported the incident to the military department.

Learning that the Lia Star government was backing the incident, the military department took it very seriously and prepared to dispatch troops to the location.

However, dispatching troops would take some time, and in the meantime, they needed the students to help control the scene.

"You all have worked hard."

A woman with a ponytail stood in front of the new recruits. The team captain, Fu Cheng, had to stay back at the school for other matters, so she led the team in his place.

"Although we didn't complete the military merit task, we captured even more confidential information. For this, everyone is to be commended."

As she finished speaking, the surrounding patrol team members applauded in unison.