Father-in-law

A new morning in the University campus, bustling going on , students exchanging notes before their classes, ready to turn this day in another productive one.

Shubman was standing in the field near music department, and his friends were confused except Abhishek , why in the morning first thing they were standing here. 

"bro at least tell us the reason? " 

"hmm only 10 mins are left in class.." Mayank agreed with James, today there was one new addition , Ava, the only girl of their gang.

"shh let him be.. don't question bro, he is standing na so we are" she replied smacking James , she was one of those friends , "if you gotta jump into the river , then I will follow you" no queries or reasons needed. 

They all stopped their little talks when a boy, came greeting Shubman who now smiled so wide "hey what you doing here? don't you have class with Yashashvi?" 

"Yashashvi .. yes it was just we had to meet someone first.." Shubman said, stepping closer to other who took a step back , thinking other doesn't have place to stand properly.

"Yashashvi , us saale ki wajah se hi to yha chupke se wait kar ra hu gulabo"  Shubman mumbled "did you said something?" Ishan asked and smiled at his friends who all were sensing the situation , their friend Shubman was facing. 

"no nothing.." 

"ok then .. see you soon.. bye .." Shubman nodded , Ishan looked at Abhishek "pitaji was asking me about your veena lessons Abhi." other boy surrendered , making Ishan laugh out loud, his pearl teeth shining. 

"ok guys now I have to go.. bye .." Ishan said and walked away, Shubman put a hand on his heart , his face heated up when his friends whistled.

 "ohho .. someone got a crush on beautiful senior from music dept." Mayank said, his eyebrows dancing and other's teasingly smiling.

Ava pushed everyone aside, her one hand going over Shubman's shoulder , which was difficult but she is doing from childhood "so boy what's the deal ? only crush or ..?"

"It's love yrr, may be first sight love or second, third or fo.." 

"okay okay I got it.. you love him .. than why don't you go for it like a man you are ..?"  they talked , going to their class. 

"it's not that easy man.." he whined , a light punch came to his stomach "oye I am not a man.. " 

"but you don't also give vibes of a decent girl Ava" Abhi snickered, getting a glare from the girl herself . 

"does he have a boyfriend?" 

"no"

"girlfriend?" 

"no" 

"sugar daddy?" 

"Avaaa no yrr it's much more " Shubman said going to his seat, Ava followed him and before they can talk further , the professor entered . 

"then what the fucking problem is ?" Shubman looked at his friend who whispered shouted , "his brothers, you see this boy Yashashvi from our class is his brother, and he is over protective.." 

"so what ? you love his brother as like you would love to fuck him , and his love is brotherly, I don't see any problem in it" 

Abhishek decided to have some mercy on Shubman who was not able to make Ava understand "I will show you the protectiveness Ava , his brothers have , don't worry jald hi misunderstanding dur ho jayengi tum dono ki.." 

It was a party night , Shubman and his group has just came out of the club, hoping in Mayank's Jeep to go back home, pretty much drunk, at this late hour road was not much occupied just some people, 4'am in the morning.

"bro we are here.. get out man.." James said, and Abhi smiled , he was drunk , his best friend Shubman was equally drunk only Mayank was sober.

"we are still far , start the car.. and leave me infront of my house.." Shubman said , smiling and Ava pushed the Mayank aside "fuck it, I am gonna drop my prince .." she started the Jeep. 

"aww you are the only true friend I have .." Shubman said and Abhishek heard it "saale gaddar ruk abhi, kl tk to Ishan ko patane ke liye me true friend tha.." Mayank facepalmed, no way he can handle them alone if the trio decided to showcase their action skills at this time .

Ava suddenly pressed the horn , it was so loud "hey kids stop it.. we all live here in peace .." A man said from his balcony, making the group laugh. 

"pff peace pff.. " Ava snickered , making the said man glare at them "oye bhencho* come downstairs, come out then we will see you .." Ava said , the man's nose flared in anger "notorious kids " and went inside .

They laughed thinking the man is gone but soon the door of that house was opened and the man came to them "oye Shubman saale ye to mujhe us veena man jaisa lg ra.." Abhishek said rubbing his eyes.

"no way , what are you talking about? meri gulabo ka baap.. you mean my father in law.." Shubman reached his hand to the man and patted his shoulder "na yrr abhi ye vo ni ho sakta.. akhir tu khud soch kha gulabo, kha ye , iska pet dekh.." Shubman said falling back , and they all laughed.

"Piatji what's going on..?" a voice came and Mayank gulped, seeing the boy "Ishan" words left his lips making his friends bodies statue, Abhishek gulped hard , his heart beating fast seeing the man glaring at them . 

"ow sasur ji .. " Shubman whispered, his mouth was shut by Abhishek who was now standing down the Jeep, fear of Veena. 

"Ok guys see you in university, if you both will be alive .." Mayank whispered , making Ava shift to passenger seat , starting  the Jeep , the girl was still whining "no let me talk to Prince's gulabo" 

"Not now Ava.. " and they were out of the sight leaving Abhi and Shubman alone infront of a angry lion . "leave me abhi , let me touch sasur ji's feet" Shubman whined , making Ishan smile at their stupid behavior . 

"oh gulabo .. you are here .." Shubman was about to touch his cheeks when Abhi pulled him back . 

"pitaji let's go and you both also go .. " Ishan took the man inside , not before looking back at the still whining Shubman .

"how mannerless " his father grumbled and Ishan hugged the man "pitaji relax, they are not your kids .. they all are little curious about life .. so they are living it .. as they want.." 

He was about to enter his room when his father asked "don't you also wish to live this life, the party and all..?" Ishan sighed walking back , this was the first time he saw an emotion called self doubt on his father's face .

"not yet , I am happy with these small quality family time we spend every evening and if I want , I will go .. but right now you should sleep my dear father" he kissed the man's cheek who in return kissed his head , bidding night . 

----------------------------------------------Ocean_215-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading it