Prolouge: Lets Start From The Beginning/Before The Nightmare Happens...

(Authors POV)

Many years ago before the incidents happened, there was a Family Friendly Toy company called Playtime Co. located somewhere in Downtown Creation City, where they make the best toys in the market such as Huggy Wuggy, Kissy Missy, Mommy Long Legs, Bunzo Bunny, Pug-a-Pillar, Candy Cat, Bee-Cat, Boogie-Bot, Bron and the one and only, Poppy Playtime herself.

They even partnered up with Pryton Industries to make sure the toys are more interactive and kid-friendly for the children to enjoy. Unlike another company like Destructo Incorporated, where it's own products and toy lines are always recalled and considered "not recommended" or "not intended to children of all ages".

The outstanding and long running success of both Pryton Industries and Playtime Co. has gotten themselves a bitter rivalry with Destructo Incorporated as they are willing to do anything to shut them down for good, making Destructo Incorporated the only leading company in Creation City.

Luckily for Playtime Co. and the people of Creation City, Pryton Industries is also aware of what Destructo Incorporated is up to even after sending in their employees to pose as spies to gain access to the company's records to either sabotage their latest toy ideas or the machines they make the toys with, or worse use them for Destructo Incorporated to create to gain more popularity.

They had to hire security to make Playtime Co. that is locked up tighter than Fort Knox at this point, but they're only doing this to protect the company from Destructo's economical and environmental destruction.

Right now, the two companies decided to open up an orphanage somewhere in the factory, where they can let any orphaned children live there and be under the care of the caretakers with Pryton Industries paying for the food, water, shelter, health bills and everything that the kids need before they are officially adopted by their new families.

Not only that, but the kids will also be testing out the new line of Playtime Co., which is where Y/n will test out their latest new toy, a purple cat plushie with a crescent moon shaped zipper named CatNap.

You see, Y/n doesn't have much friends here at the orphanage and dealing with Billy Mason's constant abusive and neglectful bullying doesn't help either.

He tried his best to make friends at the Playtime Co. Orphanage, but he always get made fun of or laughed at just for making an attempt to make friends.

This has made Y/n feel like a total outcast to the rest of kids at the orphanage, which is why Y/n was chosen to test out the new toy, CatNap as it has a special feature to the toy.

You see, Y/n always have some problems sleeping at night as he always tossed and turned during the night while the rest of the kids slept peacefully in their own beds, which is why CatNap is there to give Y/n a good night sleep.

CatNap can emit a special type of sleeping gas that smells like lavender from its mouth. One whiff of its lavender scented sleeping gas will put you into a deep sleep and when you wake up in the morning, you will be fully rested and energized to get ready for a new day.

However, Y/n felt a bit uneasy when he had to test out CatNap by sleeping with her in bed at night because of how creepy he looks by the dark soulless eyes and gaping mouth, where the gas comes out of, but the scientist that created CatNap and the sleeping gas highly suggested Y/n to test out CatNap for his own health of many sleepless nights as he has been concerned about Y/n's health and safety and tells him that CatNap can be his best friends since he couldn't make any friends at the Orphanage.

Scientist: Come on, Y/n. At least try it out for the company, the sleep gas will definitely put you to sleep. We're just concerned about you and your health.

Y/n: I don't know. She looks a bit creepy to me. Are you sure this will get me to sleep.

Scientist: I promise you, Y/n. This will give you the best good night sleep of your entire life. You really need to have someone to have as a friend and CatNap is the perfect candidate to be your best friend. I know that Billy Mason is giving you a hard time at the orphanage, but he keeps this up, he's going to be moving over to the nearest Juvenile Detention Center to teach him a lesson or two. Just please sleep with CatNap tonight, Y/n. It will all be worth it in the morning when you're fully rested the next day

Y/n thought about this for a moment and he does need someone to be his friend and needed a good night sleep, so he decided to take on the offer of sleeping with CatNap tonight for the sake of the company and the scientist's own hard work into making the toy and the sleeping gas.

Y/n: Alright, I'll do it.

Scientist: Splendid. I promise you, Y/n, you will have the good night sleep that you deserve.

Y/n: I hope so.

Later that night, Y/n got into bed with CatNap in his arms as the purple cat plushie started spewing out the sleeping gas from its mouth and Y/n soon went out like a candle with him snuggling CatNap in his arms as Y/n slept peacefully in his bed.

But what he doesn't know was that CatNap suddenly began looking up at the sleepy Y/n with a happy smile on her face as the purple cat can sense the pain and suffering within his heart as she planned to give Y/n the time of his life in Dreamland as the boy suddenly found himself inside his own dream that looks like the same exact orphanage that he's in, but looked completely different and strange like its straight out of an Austin Powers movie.

Y/n: Whoa....what is this place? Am I dreaming?

???: Hello, Y/n.

Y/n: Huh? Who said that?

???: Over here, Y/n.

Then Y/n looked at the side of his bed to see CatNap standing right beside him as she is both surprised and shocked to see CatNap alive inside his dream.

Y/n: CatNap? You're alive.

CatNap: Oh, I'm more than alive, Y/n. This is your dream. Would you like to be my friend?

Y/n: What? We can't be friends. You're just a toy.

CatNap: Oh really? Could just a toy be talking and walking on it's own?

Y/n: That's a good point. I don't see any problem with that. I guess we can be friends.

CatNap: Splendid. Would you like to play a game with me?

Y/n: Sure. What game do you want to play?

CatNap: Any game is fine by me. This is your dream after all. I promise you will have the best night of your life. We're gonna be great friends.

Y/n: Ok. Let's go play then.

CatNap: Alright then. Let's play a game hide and seek.

Y/n: Sure. That's fine by me. I'll go hide and you count.

CatNap: Sure thing, best friend.

With that, the two of them started playing games with each other in Dreamland and Y/n had never had so much fun with CatNap as it not only gave him a good night sleep, but also became friends with a toy like CatNap.

But this is just the beginning of a Never-Ending Nightmare that is about to unfold by the time Y/n wakes up the next morning.

Wonder what's going to happen the next morning at the Orphanage in Playtime Co.?