Chapter 18: Never-Ending Nightmare (Part 1)

(Authors POV)

After Y/n's encounter with the monster that managed to ambush him, miss Delight and FrownyFox and hit them so hard that Y/n lost his gas mask that made him pass out and get sent back into the dream realm, only this time it's completely different as Y/n is now in the Dark Zone, a place where everything that is considered evil and negative is made from as Y/n soon found himself outside, in the driveway and in front of Playtime Co. itself.

However, he can't seem to move at all as he is rooted to the ground and he can only look around his surroundings as he heard a faint whisper of a child speaking to him as it sounded very close.

???: You are not alone.....You cannot leave us.....You belong to us.....This isn't a place you want to come back from.....

Then suddenly, Y/n was surrounded by the same Red Mist that brought him back inside the factory, not in the Office area, but in a completely different area as the voice spoke to him again, that sounded very familiar to him.

???: Do you have any idea what you're doing?

Then the Red Mist surrounded him again and this time, he's inside the orphanage, where he used to live in before he was adopted by Uncle Henry.

???: Do you know what's happened here?

Suddenly, he can see the silhouette of the Smiling Critter at the hallway that he oddly recognized from one of his dreams as he can heard the crying and laughing of the children before the Red Mist surrounded him again and found himself in a class, he once learned from Miss Delight before the incident happened that the place condemned.

???: Do you know who we once were? Before this whole thing happened after you got adopted....It was a catastrophe...and we missed you so much.............it brought us nothing but pain and anguish....it was torture.....

Then the Red Mist brought him to an area that he never been in, and he looked to see the hotel ollie mentioned that it was supposed to bring all of the Smiling Critters to their new home, and he can see something inside the hotel. It showed the Smiling Critters including Theodore aka Moonlight is playing with each other and he noticed the same F/c (Favorite Color) A/t (Animal Type) Smiling Critter with the P/s (Pendant Shape) playing with them and he suddenly began to realize who that Smiling Critter is...

That Smiling Critter is him...

He is suddenly seeing himself as Smiling Critter like them and he can tell that they're having fun with them, and he suddenly felt....sad and guilt of himself getting adopted and left them all behind.

???: Do you see why we wanted you to join us, Y/n? Why we have to end this painful, never-ending nightmare? That is why we've been hunting you down and helping you embrace your true self.

Then the Red Mist brought him to one of the areas of the Office as the voice continued speaking to him.

???: Do you even know what's real? What is fake? Whether this is a dream or a Nightmare? Or do you even understand their love for you?

Finally, the Red Mist brought him to a world of darkness, where he sees his younger self holding the same Smiling Critter that he is turning into as he is the one who is speaking to him as he says these last words before the darkness within the Dark Zone consumed them.

Young Y/n: Please....Save them.........

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNG!!!!

Then suddenly, Y/n heard the sound of an alarm along with the phone ringing in his ears as well as a man screaming in pain as Y/n can see nothing but Red Mist everywhere before he blacked out once again and woke up back at the Office and still alive, but he didn't see Frowny Fox or miss Delight anywhere as he tried looking for them until he remembers hearing the phone ring inside his dream.