Chapter 7: An Unlikely Ally

(Authors POV)

It's been 5 years since the Smiling Critters have been locked up by the CEO and unfortunately for him, due to the many attempts of making a comeback for Playtime Co. when he had to shut down both the Playcare aka the Orphanage and manufacturing the Smiling Critters plushies along with the cancellation of the Smiling Critters TV Show, things at Playtime Co. are not doing so great because of that.

Not to mention that Parker, the CEO of Pryton Industries did not like this at all as he decided to break up the partnership with Playtime Co. after the CEO have been wasting a lot of money due to budget cuts on various equipment/machinery and repairs just to come up with an idea on creating a new line of toys and they had to cut corners on all safety precautions that caused a lot of employee related deaths.

Because of that and a few lawsuits after that, Playtime Co. was soon shut down and out of business, as the Smiling Critters knew that this was going to happen to Playtime Co. when the CEO decided to lock them up, which is why they have to escape their prison to plot their revenge.

However, it wasn't so easy for them to get out of a highly secure jail cell that is tighter than Fort Knox, which the CEO paid extra on it to keep the Smiling Critters locked up. Not even Bubba Bubbaphant could think of a plan to get him and his friends out of there and neither CatNap, Sunshine Canine or Fluffy Cottontail could break them out there due to the glass doors and windows are bulletproof glass which is too tough for them to break through.

What's even worse for them is that the Smiling Critters are having a really hard time sleeping in the jail cell and to top it off, they sometimes wake up from a nightmare that involved seeing Y/n hanging on from a cliff and a stamped at the bottom ground, which one of the critters tries to save him, but he falls and y/n says: "why couldn't you...save me!". Which resulted in everyone crying tears of sadness with CatNap, Sunshine and Fluffy doing their very best to comfort and calm them down knowing how much they all missed Y/n so much.

They missed Y/n, especially CatNap.

CatNap misses Y/n the most and whenever she tries to get some rest, she always end up having a nightmare that involved with his own best friend.

This time, she's having a nightmare about Y/n that really scared the Dickens out of her and made herown purple fur stand up as she found himself at the Orphanage and saw Y/n playing with some toys in the Playroom, acting all quiet for some reason.

CatNap then ran over to Y/n and gave him a big hug with the same happy smile on his face until his smile became a frown with the face of pure shock when Y/n turned to face CatNap with a toothless smile and his eyes were gouged out, making him look like a scary zombie.

CatNap started to run away from Y/n but couldn't get the door open before Y/n loomed over CatNap with a fire axe raised over his head and struck her in the head, jolting her awake with a loud scream.

The other Smiling Critters heard CatNap's scream of terror as they all ran over to her and gave her a big group hug to comfort her as CatNap began crying a river of her own tears with Moonlight nuzzling her to calm her down while CatNap cries out her worries and negative emotions out.

Moonlight: Mom, I know you miss Y/n so much and we do too, but we're doing our best to get out of this prison.

CatNap: I appreciate you and everyone else trying to help me forget about the bad things that happened since Y/n left us, but I just wish we could get out of this inescapable prison that is keeping us away from our beloved home sweet home and our beloved Y/n that we still love and care within our own hearts.

Moonlight: I know, but we tried everything to get out, but this jail cell is a real tough nut to crack.

Bubba: Yeah, I just couldn't figure out how to break out of this joint and without paper and some crayons, I can't be able to draw out any escape routes to find a way out of this prison.