Chapter 5: Two New Caretakers

(Authors POV)

The next morning after the children, except Y/n, we're all turned into the Smiling Critters. The CEO went into the orphanage to check on them only to find them all gone with Y/n the only child left in the Orphanage.

He was about to protest on what happened to the other kids until he spotted the Smiling Critters, which surprised him to see all 8 of them with one of them being Theodore that became CatNap's exact double.

He figured that the scientist that created CatNap managed to create 7 more of them to create the Smiling Critters, which is exactly what they need to start their latest project of greenlighting the Smiling Critters Television Series.

Without a doubt, the scientist has come into the room to see the CEO, who is intrigued by the new toys that he thought he created by himself.

Scientist: What happened here? Where are the kids?

CEO: I don't know how they disappeared out of nowhere but look at these precious things. Did you make these? They look amazing! This is exactly what we need for our latest project.

Scientist: I'm not sure if I even made these or not. I don't remember making these dolls. But I'm more concern about the other kids...the only kid left is Y/n, and I don't know how all of the other disappeared last night.

CEO: Not to worry, we'll look into what we can find about the children's disappearances. We'll just send out more kids here until we find the ones that went missing. But I might say, these new toys look adorable. We need a thousand more of these. My dear friend, you're in for a raise.

Scientist: Um...thank you, sir. I'll start the production right away,

CEO: Excellent. Kids are gonna love these new toys as well as the TV that we've been planning for. This could be Playtime Co.'s biggest moment ever.

Of course, the scientist had no idea what happened last night, neither did Y/n, but the doctor kept his mouth shut and just went on with the production of the new toys and thus...the Smiling Critters are born, and their TV Show became an instant hit on the TV Network. They literally blew up the competition by storm and every kid in Creation City wanted a Smiling Critter on their own and they are all hyped to see an episode of the Smiling Critters TV Series.

Y/n was delighted to see such amazing TV Show like the Smiling Critters and enjoyed every minute of the many episodes of the series.

However, Y/n has never been so lonely ever since the other kids have suddenly disappeared the night before, but for some strange reason, the same plush dolls that were the missing kids suddenly kept appearing out of nowhere. Like, whenever Y/n is playing by himself, watching an episode of the Smiling Critters or even sleeping alone with CatNap in his bed, the Smiling Critters including another CatNap, that turned out to be Theodore are always there with Y/n every time, even when Y/n wasn't looking or paying any attention.

It felt weird having a bunch of stuffed animals around a child like Y/n, but they don't seem to be making Y/n feel uncomfortable or unhappy at all. In fact, they all seem to be acting friendly towards Y/n and wanted to give him all the company he wants, so he won't be so lonely and have someone to play with every once and a while before bedtime.

When it was time to go to bed, Y/n is starting to see the rest of the Smiling Critters including CatNap in his dreams and they all wanted to join in on the fun with Y/n in his dreamland, which Y/n didn't mind having the rest of the Smiling Critters to come playing with him in his dreams with CatNap as Y/n is having so much fun than he had never before in his life and is always excited to play again when it is time to go to sleep again.

However, there is another weird thing that happened with the Smiling Critter, but that only happens when someone is making fun of Y/n or trying to make his day go from bad to worse. One day, when Playtime Co. managed to get more orphaned children to stay at the orphanage, two kids were picking on and calling him mean names, which suddenly made the Smiling Critters change their usual happy expressions to a more mean looking expression as they look at the two kids with glares in their eyes as if they just told a really bad joke.