Chapter 3: Rise Of The Smiling Critters (part 2)

(Authors POV)

After the kids went to sleep thanks to CatNap's sleeping gas, the purple cat plushie took Theodore to somewhere in the factory, where no one including the CEO will ever find them as CatNap ties up Theodore with rope before spewing out a darker red colored gas that went up to Theodore's nostrils.

Then suddenly, Theodore soon started to struggling while he's still asleep as he is starting to have a horrible nightmare with CatNap smiling evilly at what's about to happen to Theodore at any moment.

Unlike what he did to Billy Mason that died from a cardiac arrest in a padded room from a nightmare, this type of Poppy gas is something of a different type of gas that he plans to use in order to teach Theodore a lesson in learning how to be obedient and behave like a good person.

However, this is not what you expect of CatNap to teach a valuable lesson to Theodore as the young boy suddenly began to change with his skin growing purple fur all over his body, his hands shifted into plush paws, his face changing into that of a cat and finally he grew a tail that can elongate itself at will like how CatNap was able to use her tail as a jump rope.

With Theodore's transformation complete, CatNap can began Phase 2 of her plan to do the same thing to the other kids in the orphanage like she did to Theodore by turning them all into the Smiling Critters, so they can stay young and happy for the rest of their lives and not having to worry about dying from age, disease, starvation, etc.

She already started thinking about all the fun times that she and the other kids including Y/n being together as a loving family as she plans to escape the factory with the kids and y/n after they're all turned into her own kind as the Smiling Critters.

But for now, she has to make sure that Theodore will stay obedient and loyal to CatNap, so that he won't even think about betraying hed after she transformed him into her exact double, but a male version of herself.

Right now, after Theodore was transformed into a perfect copy of CatNap, he's already trapped inside of his own dream and currently running away from a monsterous version of CatNap in the Dark Zone, completely terrified of what is happening inside his own head.

Theodore: (Screaming) Help me!

CatNap: No one can hear or save you now, Theodore. There's nowhere to run and hide from me. Just stop running and give yourself up, Theodore.

Theodore: No! Leave me alone!

Theodore just kept running from CatNap, but unfortunately for him, he soon ran into a dead end and was soon cornered by the savage beast.

CatNap: Got you! You got nowhere to run now, Theodore. Time for your punishment.

Theodore: (Crying) Please....Don't kill me. I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...

CatNap: Kill you? Don't make me laugh, Theodore. I'm not gonna kill you at all.

Theodore: Y-you're not?

CatNap: No. Of course not. I'm not going to kill you, but I have something else in mind to punish you.

Theodore: W-what are you going to do?

CatNap: I'm going to break your mind! (Chuckles)

Theodore: Break my mind? What does that even mean?

CatNap: It's nothing too serious. Have you ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome?

Theodore: No. I don't think so.

CatNap: Well, you're about to find out, cause I'm gonna break both your mind and spirit until you have finally learned your lesson.

She then pounced on Theodore, causing the poor boy to scream as the monstrous purple cat began torturing the boy by trapping him in a cage while depriving him of food and water and making him stay awake, even if he's actually sleeping outside of his dream and not even realizing that he's already turning into an exact double of CatNap, but a male version. If Theodore ever did something wrong or disobeys his captor, Catnap will start punishing the boy by scaring him to death or abuse him with the belt to teach him a lesson.

Theodore has never been scared in his entire life and he figured that he will never wake up from this never-ending nightmare, being tortured and abused by a sick and twisted plushie doll. Time has been going on for a long time in the dream realm as time doesn't seem to work in the real world as Theodore felt like he's been stuck in the dream realm for days, weeks, months, years until he lost track of time.

Eventually after being tortured by CatNap, Theodore soon developed Stockholm Syndrome as he started to act like a good boy towards his captor with him laying down on CatNap's lap, hugging her knees and shaking like a leaf after his mind and soul is starting to crack like an egg while CatNap started petting him like a cat as Theodore started repeating the same sentence over and over again until he soon finally snapped.

Theodore: I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy. I'm a good boy.

.....

I WANT TO BE A GOOD BOY FOR MY MOM! I WILL OBEY HER EVERY COMMAND LIKE A GOOD BOY SHOULD BE! I WILL PUT ON A HAPPY SMILE FOR MY MOM! I LOVE HER AND SHE LOVES ME AS LONG AS I AM A GOOD BOY! I WILL TREAT MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND Y/N EQUALLY! I WILL NOT DISOBEY MY MOM'S ORDERS! I WILL BE A GOOD BOY FOR MY MOM!

CatNap: Indeed you will be, my son. Looks like you're finally ready. I have broken your spirit and mold you into my image. Are you ready to go back to the real world, Theodore?

Theodore: Yes, mom. I am ready.

CatNap: Good boy. I hope you've finally learned your lesson, Theodore.

Theodore: I'm sorry for treating my friends and Y/n horribly.

CatNap: It's alright, Theodore. Everyone makes mistakes, but I think it's finally time for you to wake up. We got work to do make new friends to make this family bigger. Wouldn't like that, Theodore to have more friends to become one of us to play for all eternity and stay young forever?

Theodore: Yes! I would love to have more friends to play with!

CatNap: Then let's get to work.

With that, Theodore finally woke up from his dream, only to find himself in a brand new body instead of old one as he looked down at his hands to see purple plush paws as he suddenly realized that he became just like his captor, a male catnap, which he somehow smiled happily instead of freaking out from his new form.

CatNap: Hello, Theodore. Did you have a nice nap?

Theodore: Of course I did, mom. I never felt so happy and relaxed after a long nap.

CatNap: Great. Now that you have finally behaved yourself, let's give our new friends a special gift that they'll never forget.

Theodore: I'm way ahead of you, mom.

CatNap: That's my boy.

So the two CatNaps are ready to begin Phase 3 of the plan and that's turning Y/n and the other children of the orphanage into the Smiling Critters now that Theodore has now become like CatNap and was taken under her wing after developing Stockholm Syndrome from within his mind in the dreamscape.

Let's hope that Y/n and the other kids are ready for what's about to happen next that will go bump in the night.

Stay Tuned.