14

╔.★. .═══════════╗
🕷️
╚═══════════. .★.╝

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Amity is walking down a hall of the Owl House holding a clipboard. "Hooty, what's your status?" Hooty breaks through a window. "The perimeter's secured. Nothing's getting past me." "Good." She walks off. "Clean up that mess."

"Ma'am!" Hooty sweeps the broken window pieces away with his body.

In the kitchen Y/n and Willow, accompanied by Clover, place bags down on the table. "Willow, Y/n, have you gathered the supplies?" Y/n and Willow salute. "Yes, we are ready to attack this on all fronts."

Amity gives a thumbs up. "Excellent." A ghost comes up to her, leaving a dead spider at her feet. "Aw, Ghost. Did you help too?" Amity gives Ghost a chin scratch. "Who's a good palisman? Great, now all we need is-"

Gus and King enter the room, Emmiline on Gus' shoulder. Gus is holding CDs while King has a speaker, a disc hanging off his intact horn.

"Rain? Beach waves?" Gus said. "Something called "lo-fi beats to study and relax to"? We've got it all." King says. "Eda was rummaging through her basement, and gave us some soothing human noises," Gus explained.

"That's great. Wait. Eda's still here?" Amity enters the living room. "Eda, you're supposed to be helping Hooty build our defenses. Huh" Eda's busy clenching with an intense look on her face until she lets out a scream.

"Whoo! Ah, don't mind me. I'm just learning how to turn into Harpy Eda on command. According to these human workouts, you just gotta scream a lot until you force your inner beast out." Eda explained.

Eda starts grunting and screaming again, while an unnerved Amity picks up a VHS box titled Dragon Claw Z and looks it over. "This looks ancient." Eda takes the VHS box. "What? No. It's only- 30 years old? I remember seeing this in theaters..."

"Yes, you're old. Who cares? We have a crisis on our hands." Amity said. "Chill, bossy boots. Everything's fine."

In Luz's room. Amity pushes the door open for her and Eda. Amity gestures. "Does this seem fine to you!?" Luz is lying on the floor, still dressed for bed, wearing socks on her hands with a towel on her forehead, and completely delirious.

A small, humanoid abomination is holding a box of tissues next to her. "Whoa. It's like I have snakes for arms." "Please, she just has the Common Mold. It's harmless." Eda calmed said. "But she's a human. We have no idea how it'll affect her!"

Luz sits up, and pulls out the portal key. "If I ate the portal key, would I return to the Human Realm?" Luz attempts to eat the key but the abomination snatches it and gives it to Amity.

Luz reaches out. "Huh?"

Amity puts the key around her neck. "I am not giving this back until you're better, okay?" Luz pouts and whines before pulling out a game device and texts on it.