CHAPTER TWO

Izuku

When I went to class yesterday I didn't have in mind to talk back to the one person in this college who everyone's scared of. I'm not afraid of him. He's a dick for all I know.

Music History is my favorite subject. I know a lot about it and I can't stand it when someone's not put in their place. It's not like I was mean, I was just speaking the truth.

I moved to this college at the beginning of the year. I couldn't stay at my former college, not after what happened there. Bullying is no joke, even in college. You'd think things were better these days but sadly not there. I'm gay and not everyone appreciated that. I hid myself and was scared to say or do the wrong thing. I was judged for everything. It was terrible.

I study music and specialize in dance. I play piano from time to time, but almost all my classes consist of dance practice. I do ballet, modern dance and hip hop. I'm twenty years old and work at a restaurant. I'm a server there on Thursday night and perform there each Saturday. The times differ.

You could say I'm a bit competitive. I guess it's because I always had to work so hard to get to the point I wanted to be. You always have to be the best in dance or at least make it to the top in auditions. Every month you have an audition and you're graded for your progress and moves. How many pirouettes can you do? How long can you balance on point? How high are your jumps? How far are your feet pointed? How flexible are you? They keep track of everything. If you do badly at the audition, you aren't kicked out of college. You just get longer practice hours, have to do the audition again and learn and perfect something new to show off. If you do badly for two auditions in a row, you aren't allowed to take part in the festival and miss a giant, important grade. Without that grade, it's impossible to make the year.

The stress of it all is pretty high, but I made friends here pretty quickly and I practice a lot. Ochako and Shoto are really close friends right now and we've become an inseparable trio. Ochako also dances, but Shoto is in photography. Maybe that's why I knew Bakugou was wrong.

Boys and Girls dorms are on separate levels but in the same building, girls first then the guys. I met Ochako at a dance class and she was so sweet and welcoming that we immediately became friends. She took me with her at all times to show me around and meet people. That's how I met Shoto. His dorm is also across the hall from me so we hang out a lot. He is incredibly smart and helped me a lot in the beginning of the year. I do love my alone time though. I'm always busy with dance and need to keep it up, so every spare minute is spent stretching and practicing difficult moves.

Well, let's go back to today. Half of my day is over, so my friends and I sit in the cafeteria hall. "Midoriya. I told you not to talk to him! Most definitely not against him!" He sighs and pinches my cheeks as if to punish me. It's embarrassing but I also kind of like him so I let him.

"Shoto! Stop, please. I was just sick and tired of him making people feel down. Always thinking he's better than others when I constantly hear him making mistakes in class and no one notices! He's so annoying and I just wanted to shrink his ego. I didn't do anything wrong" I whine and eventually they agree and Shoto pushes a mochi in my mouth. Pistachio, my favorite.

"I know, Izuku. I just want to protect you, you're like my baby. You're so cute and I'm obsessed with you!" Uraraka gives me a bear hug and afterwards pinches my cheeks as I try to swallow down the mochi.

I laugh and shake my head. They really do have an obsession with my cheeks at least. Probably because of the freckles. I hate them, but she thinks they're cute. I hope Shoto also thinks that.

"And I love you for that." I kiss her cheek and when the bell rings we all get up.

I hug Shoto goodbye and his hands linger down my back. It makes me blush and I quickly pull away.