CHAPTER EIGHT

Izuku

I sit with Ochako and Shoto at lunch. Shoto apologized and we decided it would be better to just be friends since he isn't ready for an actual relationship, also because he's a cheater but that's that. It is pretty uncomfortable and when I see his eyes linger way too long on my lips, I stand up and say my goodbyes, fleeing away.

Where to, I don't know.

Walking through the hallway, I see Katsuki talking to some girl. She's twirling a string of her long brown hair and has one hand on his arm.

He confuses me a lot, but I am sure of one thing: he isn't an exclusive person and I'm sure he's fucking multiple people at once even right now. I feel sorry for the girl if I'm honest. He just takes and takes and doesn't care if he hurts others in the process.

I walk past him and at the end of the hallway, Kaminari's waving at me.

"Hey, man!"

"Hi Kami, how are you?"

"Good, good. So, I was wondering if you wanted to come by practice today." The question kind of throws me off.

"Not to be rude, but why?"

"Well we've been practicing a lot and want to perform it for people so we can get used to the thrill again. We've all become really good friends with you, so maybe to also show off?" He's grinning and I can't help but smile. "Of course, I'll come. Around what time?"

"We'll be at practice room 6b at five. Thank you, man!"

I'm back in hip hop class and we review the dance I was practicing alone, till Bakugou, two days ago.

"You nailed it so fast! Can you please show me how to do it?" Ochako asks me and I blush. I am really confident in hip hop, but this routine has so many difficult spots and leg movements. It's so confusing but I can't deny how he helped me as much as he is a pain in my ass. 

"Of course, this teacher is shit."

When it's time to perform it in small groups in front of the rest of the class, I make sure to use face expressions and divine my movements well. Making eye contact with the teacher, he smiles and that rarely happens.

"Midoriya, well done. Everyone, keep up or you will fail this class. You're all in the middle of the year and the auditions are next week. If you don't practice in your own time, I will exclude you." We bow and head to the sides. I'm so happy and to my fellow dancers out there, you know nothing is better than when your strict teacher compliments you.

When every group went, we're dismissed.

"Want to come around mine later?" Ochako asks with an arm around my shoulders.

"Sorry, but I have plans. Maybe tomorrow?"

"With who? Don't tell me you rekindled your love with Shoto??"

"No! Definitely not. It's not what you're thinking, really. I'm just hanging out at Kaminari's band practice." She gives me the look.

"Kaminari huh? Definitely not there for a different blond?"

"Ochako, nuh uh. I don't even like him, he's way too loud."

"If you say so, but it's okay if you want to jump on him-"

"Ochako what the heck!" She shoots out laughing and I can't help it too.

No, we're definitely not like that..Right?

I don't bother to change, not like I have the time for that too. Still in a cute sweat suit, I can already hear the bass of the music in the hallway. I don't knock since they expect me to come.