Chapter 9

(Nicks pov: first person?! sorry if this is terrible but I wanted to try it out)

Estella had come to our rugby game against St. John's academy, which went to complete shit. She hadn't acknowledged me at all. Maybe Charlie was lying when he said she liked me?

I had hoped to talk to her after the match but she was no where to be found. I know that she went to the med bay to help Charlie but when i went to go check, she was gone.

It was completely awkward walking in on Ezra and Charlie making out, but I was happy for them. Charlie deserved someone like Ezra.

After checking the campus one last time, I decided to just head home, maybe she just didn't want to be around me anymore. I just wish I knew why.

My heart couldn't help but ache when I thought of losing her, but if that's really what she wished I'd have to respect it. The last thing I'd want to do is force myself on her. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

(End of Nicks pov- also switching back to regular Estella pov!! SORRY IF THIS IS CRINGY)

Estella runs out of the med bay, looking for Nick. She could only find Tao and Elle. "Have you seen Nick anywhere? It's urgent and I need to talk to him."

Tao looks confused before Elle states. "He just left, he wanted to find you and talk, but didn't know where you went."

"That bloody idiot, why couldn't he have waited a second longer?" Estella mutters under her breath, but she couldn't deny the way her cheeks heated up.

Estella heads outside, the rain still pouring down but somehow she doesn't feel the cold anymore. It could be hypothermia or the excited nerves. She was really going to do it. Estella Walters was going to tell Nick Nelson how much she liked him.

She began to run, trying to get to Nicks house before he decided that he hated her.

Only a couple more blocks. Only a couple more. She hadn't done this much running since Charlie had a phase where he would drag Estella on his daily runs.

She must have looked like a mad man, hair drenched and flying everywhere, dark gray sweater sticking to her skin, doc martens slightly sloshing with every stride.

Finally she was about half a block away, but Estella realized that she didn't prepare anything to say. What if he just completely shut the door in her face?
No- Nick wouldn't do that. She knows he wouldn't.

Arriving at the familiar front door, Estella hesitated before pressing the doorbell. She could faintly hear Nicks mum telling him to answer the door.

Nick opens the door with a confused look on his face, at least he didn't shut the door screaming.

"... Hi." Estella breathes out, trying to catch her breath and not make a total fool of herself.

"Estella?" 

Estella closes her eyes for a moment before beginning to ramble. "I- I'm sorry for not talking to you, I've been a total asshole and you have every right to turn me away right now. But I wanted to see if there was a chance I could talk to you?"

Their eyes meet in silence for a moment and Estella begins to wonder if she should just apologize and leave.

"Okay. Just- just come on in. You're gonna catch a cold." Nick grabs onto the front of her soaked sweater, pulling her inside.

"Erm...  I just-"

"Nicky is that Estella? I didn't know you were coming around love?" Nicks mum interrupts Estella's stuttering thankfully.