NYC

Today was the championship game and I was sitting on the bench.  It was killing me to not be able to play in the game but I know that Kayley could pull through.  It was a pretty close game throughout and then Kayley pulled through.  After the game, we all celebrated.  After all of the celebrations, Kayley and I were in our apartment and she looked at me like I was forgetting something.  "You made a deal," Kayley reminded me and I rolled my eyes.  

"I did," I stated before I pulled my phone out.  I posted the track list and the cover on my Instagram with the caption: A deal is a deal.  Check out my new album on Spotify!  I posted it and then went to my Spotify and posted the songs.  I then checked my phone across the room while Kayley laughed.  

"It really doesn't matter if your phone is broken, it still posted," she joked.  I put my hands over my face.  

"I can not believe that I just did that," I panicked and Kayley laughed again.  My phone started buzzing and I just stared at it.  

"You gonna look or?" Kayley questioned.  I did not move at all and she walked over and picked up my phone.  "Fine then, I will.  Woah, that's a lot," Kayley whispered the last part.  She walked towards me to give me my phone and I got up and walked away.  "Seriously?" She asked me as I slammed my bedroom door in her face.  

"Tomorrow's problem," I yelled through the door.  "Or never," I added in a whisper.  

"I heard that," Kayley yelled back.  I knew that she was still on my phone but I didn't really care, she wouldn't do anything.  

The next morning, I woke up before Kayley.  Well, maybe not woke up, I didn't really sleep because I was still in full panic mode.  Kayley walked out and put my fully charged phone in front of me.  "Good morning, Violeta.  Your brothers, parents, Taylor, and Lana have all texted you on multiple occasions there were also a few phone calls.  Respond," she practically ordered me to do so.  I stood up from my seat and went to sit down on the couch.  

"I think I'm good," I stated turning the TV on.  She huffed and took the controller from me and turned the TV off.  

"What on earth are you doing?" Kayley asked me.  

"Well I was trying to watch TV," I sassed back.  She walked over to my phone and called someone.  "Who are you calling?" I yelled as I quickly got up and tried to take my phone back from her.  

"Hey!  I need you to talk some sense into Vi.  She is refusing to look at her phone," Kayley said to whoever she was talking to.  The person obviously responded before Kayley put the phone on speaker.  

"Who did you call?" I asked again hoping that I would get an answer.  

Guess who?  What are you panicking about?  Everyone loves your music and you should not be separated from your phone.  Ever.  I heard Taylor's voice come from the phone and I couldn't help but smile.  

"I prefer not knowing, it is so much easier," I said and Taylor laughed a little.  

Yes because thinking of every possibility is so much easier then knowing whats going on

"You don't have to agree with my methods, Taylor.  But I do," I stated in the mot confident voice I could muster.  

Sure.  You are definitely not on the verge of a full out panic attack

"Umm, what? no," I lied.  

Did you sleep last night?

"Yes," I stated.  

That was too fast, even for you.  Read the comments, Vi, or don't but you can't ignore your phone or your family

"Fine.  Thank you," I said.  

Anytime.  Bye.  Taylor said as she hung up the phone.  I took my phone back and turned notifications of on my social media platforms.  I had noticed that my follower count had almost tripled on Instagram.  I decided not to read the comments, I didn't want to see any of the negative ones yet.  

When the awards came around for lacrosse, Kayley and I both attended.  This year it was in LA so there was no shortage of paparazzi.  We won best defense and best offense.  Everything was completely normal until the player of the year award.  "The next award is player of the year," she announced and then the clips played.  "For the first time in the history of this person was voted for unanimously.  The award goes to... Violeta Kelce!"  Unanimously?  After that was announced, the rest of the night was a blur.  I was in complete and utter shock.  

Kayley and I both graduated college and it was an amazing weekend.  There were a ton of parties.  Someone knocked on the door and I went to answer it.  "Hey Kelce!" Lana said as I opened the door.  I hugged her.  We hadn't seen each other since that freshman summer but we still talked.  She played for the NLL on a team based in New York City so I was a little shocked to see her.  

"Hey Lana!  Were we expecting you or?" I asked as let her in.  She laughed a little.

"What I can't visit without a reason?" she asked me.  

"I mean you but you usually don't," I defended myself.  This was not something that happened and the look on her face told me that I was right.  

"You caught me.  I was sent for Kayley.  My coach thinks that the personal connection will be more enticing," Lana explained.  

"You're recruiting?" I asked curiously and Lana nodded.

"For what?" Kayley asked as she walking out.  

"NLL.  How would you like to be my offensive end?" Lana asked her and Kayley smiled.  

"In New York?" Kayley asked excitedly.  She already knew the answer.  "YES!" Kayley practically screamed.  Lana looked at me confused.  

"I am moving to New York and now so is Kayley," I explained her excitement and Lana looked offended.  

"How did you not tell me that you were moving to NYC?" Lana asked me in fake anger.  I just shrugged.