Normalcy

We were having one more meeting before I went back home.  "Okay Terri, what is going on with the projections?" I asked.

"Everything is back on track," Terri replied. That's good.

"Rodney, is everything all sorted back out?" I asked him. 

"Yeah.  I think we should change the ratios though," Rodney suggested and I asked for his recommendations.  "Well right now we have 75% of profits going back into the company that earned it and 25% going to charity so the only money that you make is from your companies that you created.  I think you should change to 50% back into the company, 25% into the charity, and 25% into your personal funds.  That way you have more money on hand in case something happens."  I nodded. 

"Okay make those changes.  I have decided that we are starting a new policy because chaos like this cannot happen again.  You all will have a meeting every Monday and I will be here for the first meeting of the month," I said and everyone agreed.  Most of these people had worked for me for years and they were usually willing to do whatever I asked.  I got back on a plane to go to Kansas City.  That deal was the biggest I would ever make, if I had to guess so this all needed to just happen.  We never made a public announcement about the details but people notice when you buy a building so there was a lot of speculation going on. 

When the plane landed, I noticed that there was a lot more paparazzi than usual.  I walked past calmly ignoring everything, that was the best way to seem like I wasn't doing anything. 

When I got home, Zach was there with the twins making them lunch.  I kissed both of their heads before I hugged Zach.  "So," Zach started as I sat down.  "There a quite a few rumors about a mass expansion for your businesses," Zach pointed out.  I knew that he was just curious as to what I did. 

"I created a Rose Corporation and brought everything into on building, that's hardly news worthy," I said and he rolled his eyes. 

"Ted Mcbride," is all he said in response.

"Oh right him. I purchased his portfolio because he wanted to retire," I replied.

"And how many companies were in his portfolio?" Zach asked. I think he knew something was up and honestly I wasn't surprised.

"71," I said and his eyes widened.

"Violeta that's huge," Zach said and he hugged me again. "You are absolutely amazing," he said as he held me. Zach always made sure that I knew what I was doing was impressive whether I believed it or not.

I continued going to New York every month on the first Monday and everything was running smoothly.  We were buying a company every month in order to continue furthering the portfolio.  Taylor and I hung out at most of the games and I brought the twins on occasion but they didn't enjoy going to games so it was always a hassle. 

Everyone was super excited because Taylor's tour was over so we would be able to have a full out Christmas. No one in the family had a big enough house for all of us but I had considered doing a destination Christmas. I called Kylie to see what she was thinking, "Hey Vi. What's up?"

"I was just thinking about how the hell we are going to do Christmas if Taylor's family is coming to. I mean that's what like 11 adults and 5 kids," I said.

"That's actually a good question. We could rent a place but that would be kinda hard to sell considering you and Taylor need so many precautions," Kylie said.

"Not if we go to the middle of nowhere. I was thinking about like Vermont or Maine because it'll be snowing and the houses there are huge," I told her.

"I mean that could work and it would be fun to get out of the city for a little. Have you talked to anyone else about this?" Kylie asked.

"Nope. I wanted to see what you thought first," I responded and she laughed.

"You are just trying to justify a trip," Kylie stated.

"What never," I said sarcastically. We talked for a little before I decided that I was just going to rent a house from 22nd to 29th and tell everybody that was what we were doing. How could they argue if I paid?

After everyone reluctantly agreed, I started working out the details. Travis and Zach had a game on the 23rd so we wouldn't be able to leave until after that. But we wanted the house to be decorated for Christmas so Taylor and Kylie flew there on the 22nd and started decorating. This was the first time that all of the Swifts and Kelces would be in the same place but I am pretty sure that everyone has met on some occasion.

Mom and dad came to the game and it was fun but I preferred when Taylor was there. Somehow, we had kept our plans out of the media. They won their game and we congratulated them but Travis was in a rush to get going. He and Taylor spent as much time together as they could but I knew how hard it was. We were taking my plane and getting Jason's and his daughters while the Swifts boarded Taylor's plane.

When we left the stadium, we went straight to the airport and met up with security who had glacier.  We decided to bring her because she's a husky and deserves a little snow.  We landed in Philadelphia and we waited around ten minutes Jason texted me telling me that he was there. Wyatt, five, ran onto the plane and jumped into my lap. "I missed you too, Wy." I said laughing a little.

"Mom told me that we are going to get snow on Christmas," Wyatt said and I nodded. Her face lit up, I knew that most kids loved having a white Christmas. Jason got in the plane holding Benny and Ellie a few steps behind him. He settled down in a seat and we were off again.

"You are absolutely insane for this," Jason said and I smiled.

"You love for it," I mused and he laughed.

"Of course," he said jokingly. I was so excited to have everyone together and I was also excited to see Taylor's family. It had been a while.