The Question

Jason POV

"So, Zach, do we have another engagement on the way?" I asked him and he smiled.  

"No, I love her but she doesn't want to change her last name," he stated.  Travis and I were definitely confused.  

"Has she actually said that?" Travis asked him and Zach sighed.  

"No but I know her.  Between the three of you, you have created a dynasty on your last name and I would never want her to give that up," Zach explained.  

"You know you don't both have to have the same last name right?" I asked him.  

"But I want to have the same last name as my wife," Zach stated.  This sounded like something that he had been considering.  

"You could take her last name," Travis suggested and I nodded along with him.  I hadn't considered it but Zach is family now.  The only thing is, his parents are dead which means if he changes his last name then his family name will be gone.  

"I hadn't considered that.  You guys would be fine with it?" Zach questioned.  

"Yeah," Both Travis and I said.  "Look as long as you are both happy, I don't think things like a last name are going to matter," I told Zach.  We went back to talking about other stuff.  I knew that Zach needed to think about it before he could make any assumptions.  

Violeta POV

Jason and Kylie got married in April.  It was beautiful and I was happy to see everyone again.  Zach was talking to my parents which wasn't abnormal but it looked weird so I decided to eavesdrop just a little.   

"I want to marry her.  This probably won't be happening soon but I figured now would be the time to ask because I didn't know when I would see you next," I heard Zach say and my heart stopped.  

"Of course we want you guys to get married.  She's happier than I have ever seen her," Dad responded. 

"And you support her insane antics.  You should both be happy," Mom added.  I knew that one of them would probably notice me staring soon so I went to go talk to Travis.  Over the next few weeks, I was on edge all the time.  

Zach POV

We were sitting on the couch.  "What do you think about marriage?" I asked her and she moved.  I already had her families blessing but I still hadn't actually talked to her about it.  

"I think that I want to but I don't want to change my last name," she added the last part in a whisper and I smiled.  

"I figured.  What about me changing mine?" I asked her.  Her eyes widen in shock.  

"You would do that?" She asked confused. 

"I would do anything for you, Firefly.  You and your family are the only family I have ever known.  So if you want to keep your last name then I don't have a problem changing mine to yours," I explained.  

"How long have you been thinking about it?" She asked me and I just shrugged.  I wasn't ready to propose yet, I still needed to talk to Taylor.  I knew that she would be able to pick out a ring that Vi would like and she would have an idea of what kind of proposal she would want.  

That night after Vi fell asleep, I texted myself from Vi's phone Taylor's number and deleted the texts.  Vi could not know what I was doing.  The next day, I texted Taylor on my way to practice.  Hi Taylor, it's Zach.  I stole your number from Vi's phone don't tell her I am texting you.  I need your help with something.  

I went through practice and was happy when I saw that Taylor texted me back.  Sure, what's up?  

I want to propose to Vi but I don't know what kind of ring or proposal she would want and I don't want to ask her.  I texted back.  

Taylor sent me a link to a ring and she told me that the proposal should be private.  I noticed that the link was a custom made ring.  Vi customized the ring.  She read my mind.  

Violeta POV

Zach was driving me crazy.  I didn't knew if he knew that I knew he was planning on proposing but he was certainly doing everything he could to make sure that I had no idea when it would happen.  We had gone out to fancy dinners at least 4 times since we had the marriage conversation.  When he didn't ask me at any of them, I decided that I would always be ready.  My nails were done and if they didn't look perfect I raced to get them redone.  

It was exhausting and he was messing with me, I knew it.  

Zach POV

Violeta is extremely observant so I was throwing her off a bit.  Also, I loved making her sweat because this was the first time in our relationship where she was waiting for me.  I knew the second she was over it so I made sure to make it then.  

We drove up to a hill that overlooked the city and had a picnic.  I told the security what I was doing and made sure that they took pictures.  I waited until the sun started to set to stand up and offer her my hand.  "I am so in love with you, Firefly, and I think you have been tortured enough," I went down on one knee and took the ring out.  She had started crying and her hands were over her mouth.  "Violeta Rose Kelce, will you marry me?" I asked.  

"Yes, a million times yes," Violeta said breathlessly.  I stood up and kissed her, this was absolutely perfect.  When we disconnected, I put the ring on her finger and I think that is when she realized that it was the one she designed.  "When did you talk to Taylor?" She asked me.  I shrugged my shoulders.  We laid back down on the blanket and were staring at the stars.  Well she was, I was staring at her.  

Violeta POV

This whole thing was absolutely perfect.  I was cautious about marrying him but the effort that he put in to make sure that this was perfect, I am sure that I want to marry him.  I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.