5

For the longest time Rosalie held Josie in the woods on the day they had finally reunited with each other.

They didn't go back when they heard the bell ring, nor did they feel the need to talk much. They'd never felt the need to talk as long as they were in each other's arms they were content, letting their bodies tell each other what needed to be said.

Charlie and Carlisle shared a look. These two were definitely going to give them grey hairs. Well, Carlisle couldn't get grey hairs, but you know what they meant.

When their lips met, everything could be told in a simple kiss. Their love so sound and sure that they needn't any words to tell people how they felt for each other.

This was the bond of true mates. Mates that are so perfect for one another that no other person could fill the void in one's absence.

People in the theater sighed longingly. They wished for a love this strong. Hopefully they'll get it in the future.

It's what made Rosalie so bitter towards her family members.

The other Cullen coven looked at each other, then towards the screen to see what was said.

She may love each and every one of them, unfortunately that also included Edward, but she loved Josie more, and without Josie, Rosalie wasn't really Rosalie.

Edward looked slightly offended at that statement, but he, and the rest of the family softened at how much Rosalie was changing simply because she had her mate by her side.

She was just this hollow husk of the woman she once was back in 1933 before she lost Josie to Royce King the III.

Their love was what made Rosalie happy, what made her life worth living. Without Josie, Rosalie couldn't function properly, she hid her emotions in a facade that showed a strong confident women when really she was just broken.

The coven looked at Rosalie with sorrow. How did they not notice this? That she wasn't truly happy? I mean they knew she was bitter. But to be unhappy for so long?

Were they bad coven mates? Family members?

Broken beyond repair unless Josie was somehow revived. Rosalie hated being a vampire with all of her being because that meant that she couldn't die with Josie that night.

Carlisle hung his head. He was trying to make his son happy, but instead, he had ruined Rosalie's life(at the time) and the two siblings have never been truly able to get along because of this.

That Josie died alone, and somehow Rosalie was given immortality. Which meant she'd never see Josie again, or so she thought.

People who had a significant other tried to imagine what being separated would feel like, they cringed just imagining the feeling.

Something they'd never want to experience.

They felt sorry for Rosalie at that moment.

Thought standing here with Josie in her arms once again gave a piece of Rosalie back that she had thought she'd once lost.

While Josie was reborn, she watched Rosalie grown for decades, not being able to touch her or even talk to her and tell her that she was there was metaphorical torture.

Rosalie winced, seems like Josie got the worst side of the bargain. Whilst she was mourning her mate, Josie had to watch, but could do nothing to soothe her.

That did sound like torture to Rosalie.

She watched in despair as the love of her life become so cold, so hollow to who she once was.