9

When Josie woke up later the next day she snuggled into the cold embrace of her lover, knowing she'd stayed with her the whole night and that it wasn't some huge illusion brought a content smile to her face.

Rosalie and Josie smiled at one another, completely content with their lives right now.

She stayed in her arms for another five minutes before she sighed as her alarm clock blared to life reminding her that she had to go to a place of hell, I mean school to learn things she'd already knew.

"That sounds like it sucks." Jacob said honestly.

As if Rosalie read her thoughts —that was Edward's power not hers— she giggled and sat up much to the annoyance of her mate.

"Noooooo" the hybrid complained.

"This hasn't changed much." Hope told her parents.

The two smiled at each other.

They were glad that it hasn't changed.

They wouldn't be them if it had after all.

"We have school Jo, and my siblings will probably bombard me with questions on why I just disappeared with you last night, it's going to be so annoying." Rosalie muttered.

"Do we have to go?" Josie asked. Whilst Josie had good enough control over her hunger, it wasn't necessarily the best.

"I feel your pain. Not literally thank gods, I'm blocked from that. But metaphorically." Jasper said.

Josie sympathized with him.

She had to stay away from Bella for months when Bella got her period for the first time.

It was so hard not to be disgusted but also fascinated about how period blood smelt different than regular blood, which is probably because that blood is stuck to decaying skin cells.

Also, Bella's scent was intoxicating enough, she didn't need her bleeding even more. She was clumsy enough as it is and trying to control her hybrid face was hard enough as it is.

Sounds of disgust rang through the room and Bella blushed heavily.

"Oh that sounds gross." Quil jr said.

Especially when she gets emotional.

"Come on, up you go. Just get dressed and I'll be back in thirty minutes to pick you up. Drink a blood bag, get some coffee, maybe take a shower or do your hair if you want and then I'll honk to tell you I'm here." Rosalie promised her mate.

"Fine." Josie said with a long suffering sigh. Rosalie smiled at how dramatic her mate was, she'd missed that when she'd first became a vampire.

She'd have conversations in her head and then try and think of responses that Josie might say to her in all her infinite wisdom.

She'd do that whenever she was alone.

That way Edward wouldn't be able to spy on her thoughts and know how truly depressed she was.

"I'm honestly shocked that you kept that secret from him all these years." Emmett said to his sister.

He was impressed by her drive to keep Josie as something only she knew about.

Well, Carlisle knew of her, but not about what her relationship with Rosalie truly was.

After all, it was kinda his fault that she was turned.

She'd been ready to die on that street corner, beside her lover, where she belonged for eternity and beyond.

But Carlisle had found her, turned her against her wishes, all in hopes that she would be Edward's mate.