Chapter 5 the shy witch and the Devil

Their first friendly interaction in this world.

About thirty minutes after, issei offered to help her, inexchange for shelter and possibly a job for his idiotic friend,

“―What exactly is this?”

Their investigation had led nowhere.

The girl’s eyes were cold as she asked this, her dissatisfied gaze directed at Subaru, who had just discovered something. Namely―

Making no effort to hide her exasperation, she crossed her arms and sighed.

Her criticism was scathing, but it was probably appropriate considering what Issei and Subaru had managed to accomplish over these past thirty minutes.

Issei himself had offered to help her search for her missing item, but there were a number of problems that made their search extremely difficult.
Firstly, Subaru is trying  to impress the pretty elf girl nonstop, and secondly
to begin with, he had no idea where he was.

As far that was concerned, it couldn’t really be helped considering he was just brought to this world by Ophis while his friend was supposedly summoned from another world, but it was a major hurdle considering the girl was also unfamiliar with the area.

Issei grabs the attention of the two
“They said that stolen goods were usually handled in the slums do you happen to know where that is…”

Emilia asked. "Why would you think that?"

"Well, I know that the girl is an experienced thief but not a very successful one. She's been poor her whole life. She grew up in the city, this city, I assume, but there's no evidence to show that for certain. She's currently between homes, and she hasn't been eating well lately. Put all of this together, and I'm pretty sure we'll find her in the town slums.
In that case, let's find a vantage point that looks over the whole capital." Propose Issei.

The two came to agreement over this, a couple of minutes go by, and now they find themselves over a tall hill, overlooking the greater part of the city. “Come to think of it, I don’t even know your name. I don’t believe we ever introduced ourselves.” said Issei

“Ah, I guess so. Then let’s start with me.”

Subaru cleared his throat and then spun on the spot, striking a pose as he thrust his finger into the sky.

“My name is Natsuki Subaru! I’m utterly lost and completely broke! Nice to meet yo
Issei facepalms "Ugh never going to get used to that, why do I always attract the weirdos." He groans with anime tears going down his face. " Anyway, my name is Issei Hyoudou, and this is my wife/mate Ophis, and yes, we are  broke and homeless currently." Issei says with a bit embarrassment.

“Sounds like you’re guys are in a real tough spot, huh. Alright then, I’m Puck. Nice to meet you.”

Issei and Subaru had extended their hand in a gesture of goodwill, and Puck flew right into it, a dynamic handshake with his whole body. From an outsider’s perspective, it looked like Subaru and Issei were crushing him.