Chapter 10 the Royal Election part 1

A couple of days go by and the drama kinda cools down, Rem now servers Issei as her new master because of the incident and was disown by Roswaal because of it, Issei just has her doing pretty much the same thing as she was doing when she was employed with Roswaal. Subaru is making great strides in his training and is about to move along with combat training with Issei.

That brings us today with only a week left until the royal election starts, Issei and Subaru  along with Emilia, Puck, Reinhard, and Ophis, are in the court yard watching

"OK then am be teaching you the beginning style of Northern Shaolin system its the external (as opposed to internal) martial arts of Northern China, referring to those styles from the Northern Shaolin Monastery in Henan and specifically to the style practice by Gù Rǔzhāng." Said Issei to Subaru

"Now the Northern styles/Běi pài (北派) feature deeply extended postures—such as the horse, bow, drop, and dragon stances—connected by quick fluid transitions, able to quickly change the direction in which force is issued." Issei said, as in the back round Reinhard was taking notes.

"I will also be teaching you kendo it doesn't really have the spiritual or religious ties that activities like calligraphy or sumo do, but still teaches concepts such as discipline and respect. Beginners typically start with Tandoku Dosa for the first four months or so.

"But that ain't gonna happen until much later first thing first, taijutsu, let's start with a simple spar, for I can see where you're at in terms of ability. I won't attack you. I will only defend myself, sound good."
Issei said in a bored tone

At this, Subaru nodded and was about to make his move and run at him. He stops suddenly, thinking Issei is about to pull out a weapon, Issei reaches behind him in his pouch and pulls out an orange cover book

At this, everyone looks in confusion except Ophis, whose eyebrows start to twitch in annoyance.

"What's wrong? Hurry and come at me." Issei said

"But...
Hey, hey?!! Why do you have a book? Subaru said as he pointed at Issei

"Why? Well, because I want to read what happens next. Don't worry about it. It won't make a difference against a person like you." said Issei in the same bored tone as he flipped a page in his book."

"I'll beat you to a pulp!!!" Subaru shouted as he threw a right punch. Issei easily blocks this with his right hand while he casually reads the book that was in his left hand.

Subaru instantly gose for a round house kick with his left leg, which was duck by Issei as he squatted down, eyes still focused on his book.

Suddenly, Subaru decides to rush him with his right arm pull back, ready to deliver a hammer maker.

Issei instantly gets behind him and says "Your not supposed to get caught from behind idiot."

"Huh?"

Issei had his hands in the seal of the tiger and said , "Hidden ancient taijutsu Supreme technique 1,000 years of pain!!!"
And poke him in the ass

At this, Subaru shot into the sky with a yelp of pain

At this, everyone on the sidelines had deadpan expression, except maybe Reinhard and Emilia, who chuckles awkwardly at this scene.

Sighing at this Issei say to himself  "got a lot to work on with this kid but his reflexes aren't bad and I guess he had a right state of mind to keep the pressure up, all he lacking is experience." Said Issei out loud
As he made his way over to Subaru.

After a min of explaining to Subaru what he thought, he makes a blood clone with only 2% of his power in it. He proceeded to explain what the blood clone was going to teach him."