Chapter 8 Bonds of Ice

Subaru slowly regained consciousness. He became aware that he was lying in bed.

Fuck, that's bright. God damn it, Mom! Stop coming into my room and opening the shades! I'll wake up when I'm ready!

Damn. All that was just a dream? It seemed so real…

OK, well you know what? It was actually a pretty great dream. I got to meet the beautiful princess. I got to prove that when shit got real I could be brave, I could be selfless. Sure, I'm still pretty useless in real life but I proved that at least I could try. I even got a heroic death thrown in there! If I'd gotten a kiss or a handjob out of it, the dream would have been downright perfect.

Guess it's time to wake up. I wonder what Mom is making for breakfast.

He slowly opened his eyes and commented on the first thing he saw.

"I don't know that ceiling."
Subaru sat up straight and moved his robes to look at his naked belly.

"The wound is gone. Considering all this, it must've been her… Emilia's healing power, huh?"

"Sorry to rain on your parade but we need  to have a serious conversation Subaru." Said Issei as he closed the book he was reading

Subaru looked over to his right and saw Issei sitting by the window with Ophis sitting in his lap .

"Oh hey man." Subaru says sheepishly
"I guess it wasn't a dream. So what's going on? Where are we, and what happened after I passed out?"

"We are at the Margrave of the Mathers Domain, Emilia sponsor and lord of this area." Replied Issei

Subaru nodded in understanding but asked in confusion. "Who's Emilia?"

"It's the girl who called herself Satella, you know the one you were heads over heels for, yeah, that's her real name." Replied issei

At this, Subaru shot up in excitement
"For real, Emilia-tan is here, I got to go greet her and see how she is doing." He said as he was about to get up

"Hold up, I wasn't done talking." Issei said with a deathly smile on his face as the room started to fill up with unknown pressure

Subaru recoiled back in fear and stuttered
"A-Am sorry bro, please continue." Stutters Subaru
"I guess I just be blunt and tell you straight up, but before that, please don't interrupt me. This is very serious, and I will answer every question you got after words. It sounds good." Issei said with a calming smile as he sipped some coffee and pulled out a cigarette and lights it with a finger sprouting blue flames.
Both Ophis and Subaru make a face at this, but otherwise remain silent, and Subaru just gives a silent nod to continue.
"Firstly Lady Emilia didn't heal you, I had to turn you into a Pure blooded Devil with the Lucifer Bloodline, Devils are beings that originated from the underworld consisting of the 72 Pillars of High-Class Devil noble families and your now one of them." Said Issei, taking a puff his cigarette and turning to see what Subaru reaction to this is . Subaru jaw dropped, eyes widening in disbelief but soon resolved himself to continue listening with serious eyes.
"Good, you're taking it better than I thought you would. Let's go on with the pros and cons of this action." Said Issei has he puts his cigarette out.
"Firstly pros are All Devils have enhanced physical abilities such as superhuman strength, endurance, and enhanced sense such as sight and hearing; in addition to being able to see clearly in the dark as creatures of the night. Devils are able to fly through using their bat-like wings, which are capable of retracting into their backs as if disappearing entirely. They also possess a passive ability called "Language," which allows normal people listening to them to hear it in the language they're most familiar with and vice versa. But since you have pure blood and have the bloodline of Lucifer, you have Immense Demonic Power, Immense Strength, Immense Durability, Immense Speed, Immense Stamina
And there clans ability Hell-Fire Manipulation, that embody you and are Derrived from the seven deadly sins using special power called Flames of purgatory."
Said Issei.
Of course Subaru being well Subaru, he shounts with A wave of excitement rippled through him, stars in his eyes and said "I got super powers now, fuck yeah!!"chuckling at this Issei pops his excitement and said "I never got to the cons of this yet." He said with a grin. At this Subaru deflates at this, " the cons of this action is your body can't handle all this so me and Ophis had to please 12 seals on you and lock your clans ability in this demonic sword." Said issei as he pulls out the Kusanagi no Tsurugi from his pocket space, at that moment the room was filled with bloodlust as the beautiful Katana was weather in black flames. "As you can see your not ready for this, until you can prove to me your worth, all you have right now his enhanced physical abilities such as superhuman strength, endurance, and enhanced sense." Said issei with a serious look at Subaru who was shaking like a leaf from the feel of the sword, he saw his death in 100 different types of ways, just from the bloodlust from the Katana.
Issei sighed at this and puts the weapon back into his pocket space. Making the room go back to normal, "So any questions thoughts." Issei asked
Subaru had a unsure look, and said "to be honest am not so sure what to ask, this is alot to taken in."
Issei nodded in understanding "don't worry am be the one teaching you how to control your powers and training you, am be there every step with you." Issei said reassuring Subaru.