Chapter 13

Kain

Two weeks had gone by since Zara found out her brother was in a coma fighting for his life. I watched Zara become an empty shell almost. She didn't smile, eat or sleep. She napped on the couch next to her brother. She'd come home, showered and change to return to the hospital.

I hated her brother with every fibre in me.. for what he did to her and how he tried to exploit her. Now I almost hated him for doing this to her.. Zara told me all about him and how he was almost like her superhero and I guess that just never changes. It was like she saw him as her father..

I thought a lot about my useless family and my parents. Seeing how life could slip away, I saw how I could be less angry probably. Zara was desperately trying to hold on to a family and I was shoving mine away.

Rosie had the brilliant idea to come and visit Zara in hospital and bring her a gift and try to convince her to come have dinner in this restaurant she compromised on close to the hospital.

They have been around almost everyday even though Rosie gags and dry heaves in places like hospitals which was funny at first but now just becoming ridiculous. Yesterday she was a person wheeled in who threw up all over himself. She broke out in a sweat and started to dry heaves but thankfully, nothing came out.

I walk into the hospital room where Zara sat reading a book.

"Hey." She says as she saw us. "Hey." I say leaning into her kissing her lips.

"These are from my mom." Julian says handing Zara flowers bigger than her head. "Thanks, that is so sweet." She says as she takes the vase and dumps the old flowers out and puts the new ones in.

"How is he today?" Julian asks as he looked at Zade. He had more colour back in him.

"The doctor said hes healing really well however he doesn't seem to be ready to wake up... his fingers are moving.." She says. Sometimes I think she wants it so bad that she might be imagining it. She cried for 45 minutes because she saw his fingers move.

"We thought we could maybe go to dinner? Have some fresh air?" Rosie says. "I bought you some gifts."

"Thanks but I think I might stay in?"

"But we miss you?" Rosie says guilt tripping Zara. "Fine, an hour." She says taking the bag. "This better be good." She says as she walks to the bathroom with the bag. I follow her into the bathroom and close the door behind me. I have to say, this was insanely small bathroom.

"You good?" I ask her and she just nods. "Yeah, I am fine." She says. She looked tired and her eyes just stood sad. She tried to mask it and give me a smile. I pulled her in kissing her lips. When Zara was struggling she shut off and went into herself where I would hold on to her tight and use her as an escape. I wish she would that instead.

She kissed me back and looks at me. "Thanks for being here." She says and I nod. "I love you. Ofcourse." I say. She kisses me again. "Sorry I have been just in this world, being a terrible girlfriend."

"Stop." I tell her as I kiss her again. My fingers run down her waist as I slip my hand under her shirt. Her tongue slips into my mouth as the kiss moves faster. She presses her body against me as if she has missed me. I do not think Zara and have gone a day without having sex and now we was in this new weird situation.

"Eh guys... Zara..." Julian says banging the door. I let go of Zara annoyed. I was ready fuck her in this tiny bathroom.

I open the door and I see Zade had his eyes open as he was staring at Rosie. "Who the fuck are you?" He asks as she was fixing the flowers. His voice barely audible, raspy and harsh.