Chapter 16

Zara

I got myself ready to go out and have a good time because I wasnt going to be staying in depressed. I was not here for it at all.. I was too attached to his life and now that Zade was back, I realized how I miss my old life almost? Him employing me was my final straw. I have almost become part of his life and become it.

Maybe out of spite too I wanted to go out. Show him I didn't care about his stupid life and himself.

"Zara..." Zade says as he was sat in the living room whilst I walked down. "Yes?" He just looked at me all dolled up and shook his head as he chuckles.

"You just never change huh? You have to have the last word." He says.

"Shut up Zade." I say. "Hannah is waiting for me."

"You going out with Hannah?" He asks me. "Yes?" I say as he nods. Its like excitement jumped over him. "Leave Hannah alone." I say and he rolled his eyes. "Your nerd friend isnt my type." He says

"Is that why your tongue was down her throat?"

"No..."

"Your type needs to change to sweet and down to earth girl maybe." I say to him. "Hannah who beat me up with a bat?" He asks and I laugh. "Also physically speaking she is my type. She is beautiful. Shes just a big fat nerd who reads books at breakfast lunch and dinner and is slightly clinically insane?"

"Yeah, thats a lot of descriptions for someone who isnt into her?" I say and he rolled his eyes. "Have you considered maybe I am just horny since I have been in a coma for so long and my girlfriend is in state penitentiary?"

"Your girlfriend? Really?" I say. "Youre so fucking stupid."

"Well I kind of have to see her in order to break up with her?" He says. "You know its not all so simple, Veronica has been part of my life since I was 10. You dont think Im fucked up from how this has literally ended us..."

"Sorry Zade but one way or the other you guys would have been game over, not end game." I say as I sigh. He just nods a little as he robbed his eyes. "I love you but do not use Hannah as a distraction..."

"I'll stay away." He says nodding. "Go to bed and rest please."

I end up going out with Hannah for dinner with Zade's credit card. Felt like I was a child again when he used to pay for everything. We get hammered drunk on cocktails and shots in the club after. I had a great time dancing and singing. Kain didnt come to this side of town and I was grateful to be around familiarity.

I had a great time and blast doing so with Hannah whose social battery was running out at midnight. As we leave the club trying to find a taxi, an arm grabs me making me turn out ready to swing.

"Wowowow. Hold up." A familiar face says.

"Benji. Jesus you do not sneak up on me!" I say annoyed as I push him off. Hannah's arm was linked with mine as she looked at Benji.

"Sorry... sorry. I havent seen you for a while. Thought Id say hi." He says as he held his hands up. Benji was my whole world at some point. I did that a lot. Put my heart in these boys hands.. attach myself whole heartedly.

"Hi.." Hannah says.

"This is Benji." I say. "My ex and old friend."

"Ohhh." Hannah says. "Youre cute." She tells him making him laugh, his dimples on show. He was cute, more than cute... looked different too? More like a man rather than the 18 year old boy that broke my heart. He was tall? Maybe taller.. hes always been tall, shot up at 14 I remember.

"How you been?" He asks me. "Good yeah..." Hard to focus when youre drunk as fuck. Think Hannah was better than me?

"Susie always tells me she sees you in the papers." He chuckles. "Says youre dating some rich famous kid."