Chapter 23

Kain

Its been a few days and I had been busy with work and so has Zara. I think we just ignored this baby thing a little? I had no fucking clue about babies and what not or pregnancies. I remember Charlie and Hailey being born and I remember my mom pregnant with Charlie but I barely saw her with school and being a kid?

Zara didnt look pregnant. She wasnt showing even though she was apparently half way through the pregnancy. The doctor said it was normal. That visit was stuck in my brain. I could hear the baby's heartbeat if I close my eyes.

Was I ready to be a father? Hell no. Im 21 and my main priority was my girlfriend, having sex with my girlfriend and hanging out with my toxic friendship group.

But I didnt want to lose Zara... If it meant it cemented us together so be it.

Zara was back at her brother's but had come over this morning. We havent spoken about her moving back but she didnt give me an indication. She refused to even call me her boyfriend again.

"Kain." She says looking flustered as she walked through my front door.

"Whats up?" I ask her as I stood in the living room.

"Outside... its packed with photographers and I couldnt even get in. I had to be escorted in by the doormen?" She says as she closes her eyes for a second. "So much noise."

"What do they want?" I ask. I didnt see my phone this morning, went gym downstairs and came back up. I wonder whose scandal was the problem now.

"I think they know I am pregnant." She says. "One yelled IS KAIN the father?"

"What? How? Did you tell anyone?" I ask her.

"Yeah I have told everyone I am pregnant with my cheating boyfriend that humiliated me few weeks ago." She says annoyed as she passes me and sits down.

"What the fuck Zara?" I say as she just looks at me.

The door opens behind her and Rosie storms in. "Youre pregnant?" She screams. They came back this morning and she looked tan as fuck. No

"Where did this come from?" I ask confused. I look at her phone she shoves in my face. It was a picture of Zara and I walking into the OBGYN's office.

"Fuck." I say and Rosie screams again.

"Oh my God stop her." Zara says as she looks at me covering her ears. "I am fucked. Zade's going to kill me." She says to herself.

"Sorry but youre telling me you are pregnant?"

"Yep." I say closing the door. "Can you stop screaming now?"

"And were happy about this? You guys are kids?" Rosie says.

"Were you guys not planning on getting married next year?" I ask Rosie.

"Okay wait so am I congratulating you guys?" Rosie asks. "Because we can do that too. Oh my God imagine the cute little dresses."

"We dont know what were doing yet." Zara says stopping her. "We have only found out recently and I am apparently half way through this pregnancy."

"And youre not showing?" Rosie asks.

"No..." Zara says as she lifts her shirt. "This is so crazy..."

"We know Rosie. We know." Zara says in a foul mood now. "I cant even go doctors office without being photographed? Jesus."

"Apparently..." I say shrugging. Zara looked at her phone and literally just starts crying. "This is so embarrassing." She says as I take her phone and look at the article.