Chapter 32

Zara

I did everything I could to make Kain feel better. I have to say him needing me felt good. Dinner went well for once, no fights or arguments. It was the usual 5 plus me. It was like they all went on their own little adventures, came home to tell their patents everything, just so happy to share every detail of life together. Kain laughing at his friends and he seemed happy. I have to say... it has been nice with the gang a little broken up that I had Kain to myself rather than Kain plus the gang.

The next morning, I was making breakfast when I heard someone at the door. I had changed into sweats and a cropped top and was presentable this morning. I open the door and to my surprise see Mr Kattan.

"Oh hi." I say as he had his hands in the pockets of his suit pants. He looked literally like the most important man on Earth in a suit. Hair and beard all trimmed and shit. He could be the model. Forget Olivia; this is where Kain got his looks from.

"Hi Zara. How are you?" He asks. "Can I come in?"

"Yes sure, I was just making breakfast." I tell him walking to the kitchen to check on my pancakes.

"Youre cooking?" He asks.

"Yeah..." I chuckle. "Kain's at the gym. Should be back by now. Do you want a drink?"

"Eh. Yeah sure. Does Kain not have staff here?" He asks.

"He does. Cleaner comes every day. Housekeeper comes every week twice. Coffee?"

"Yes thank you." He says sitting down. I think he found it strange that I was doing domestic stuff. I am not sure if his wife has ever picked up anything so he is looking at me like a new species. "Ive been told you and Kain visited Olivia last night." He says

"Oh yeah..." I say lowkey panicking. "Is he okay?" He asks me.

"She wasnt very nice." I say and he nods. "I havent seen or spoken to her in about 20 years? A member of team delivers her money etc."

"Wouldn't have it all been easier had you cone clean?" I ask. "Sorry to not mind my business."

"I was a dumb kid with money and thought it could control everything.  I tried so many times... but I just couldnt do it. Olivia signed and NDA.. she panicked and called me so she didn't break the NDA."

"Can I ask? Whats in the NDA?"

"She would be liable to pay me a million dollars, her house etc. I would also stop payments for her little sister's care. She is disabled."

"Right. Makes more sense now why she wasnt very nice."

"Ive removed the NDA. Well I have changed the NDA." He says. "Ill forever pay for that stuff just didnt want her to take Kain from me as a kid..." he says. "You know when he was a kid, he usef to run to me when I got home. Thought I was a superhero." He chuckles. "We would do everything together. Ellie-May would be so annoyed that Im leaving Roman out but in my head I was over compensating.."

"Atleast you and Kain much better now." I say and he smiles. "Hes my eldest son. Im proud of anything he does and just want him happy. Being with you. His modelling career. Im proud to see every damn picture on billboards and TV."

"You are a good dad." I tell him feeling emotional. "Kain's lucky to have you."

He reninded me of what Zade is to me and I probably shoukd apologize.. for making life so hard.

"Is the heart to heart over?" Kain says walking in.  "I was just talking about your birth mom.."

"Yeah heard all of that." He says. "I was ease dropping to determine if I wanted to have any parts in this conversation." He says and I roll my eyes.