Chapter 14

Zara

I thought about torturing Kain probably more than anything else before I fell asleep. He provided me with a good distraction thats for sure. Sometime, Kain would cut me deep and I have quickly realized how to do the same.

The next morning, I woke up and got myself ready for the day. Kain had come back from the gym, I get myself into green cargos and a black cropped top. He took off his shirt and dropped it into the laundry basket as I walked out of the closet.

"Good morning." Kain says and I ignore him. Kain stops me by blocking my path.

"Yes?" I say.

"You're still mad?"

"Im taking a page out of your book." I tell him. Maybe he was fucking right, I was the idiot in this. Letting him hurt me over and over again. He tries to search for my eyes but I give him nothing.

"Im going to Paris for 3 nights." He says which does make me look at him. Kain usually was all over the place, but it still felt sad when he left. Especially when were on bad terms, but I needed to fight it because if I wasnt such a fucking idiot, maybe he would treat me better.

"I fly out after Roman and Kai's game." He says. I completely forgot about that game. Ive been a terrible friend too. Ice Hockey meant the world to Roman.

"Ill be at the game." I say and I see that annoyed him from his face. "So cute how you come through for Roman." He says before he walks off into the bathroom.

I head out to the hospital that I have now learnt like the back of my hand. Ever seemed like a freaking familiar face. I had gone and bought some stuff for Zade which meant I was now fucking broke.

"Hey." I say seeing Zade sat up on the bed. "Hey sis." He says. "I bought you some stuff." I tell him as I put the bag down and start unpacking some clothes and stuff.

"Youre the best." He says. "I got you my old iPhone since yours is smashed up." I tell him and he just nods a little. Kain had upgraded my iphone twice since I have been with him. A new one comes out, he gets one and got one for me. So I had my old one still as a back up in case mine breaks.

"I dont want you spending money on me." He says and I just roll my eyes. "Too late because I am not going to the crime scene and gathering your new stuff." I say and he just chuckles.

"You want to go for a walk?" He asks. "Whitney told me off yesterday and said I need to move more."

"Ofcourse she did." I chuckle.

"I had pyshio therapy." He says. "It went well. I showered and feel so much better."

"Thats good." I say picking the navy blue sweats and white tshirt. "Here you go." I say as he gets up. I hand him socks and the nike slides I bought him. He was moving faster and it was good to see. He heads into the bathroom as I clean around the place and throw away the trash. I open the windows and look outside. There was a nice little park and the sun was shining.

"Its nice to be outside." Zade says as we walked around the place taking in the sun. He was so much paler than he used to be which was crazy. We both had a slight tan and when exposed to the sun, I became proper tanned.

I had my arm hooked around his as we walked around. "You okay?" He asks me. "Youre very quiet."

"Yeah. Im good..." I say. "Im just glad youre okay." I say. We take a break and sit on the bench. He was setting up his phone as he talked to me.

"Thanks for being here." He says.

"Zade youre my brother..." I say sighing. "When I was being beat up and bullied in those foster homes you used to pull up and beat them up for me." I say and he chuckles.