Chapter 1 - Liar

Olwen used a towel to wipe her sweat as Beta Kayden approached her.

"Nice job today, Olwen. You're getting better, just need to pay attention to your surroundings a little more and dodge the attacks in time." He complimented her with an encouraging smile.

Despite her exhaustion, Olwen managed to grin back.

"Thanks. You're a good trainer."

"Well, you've trained hard enough for today. Go and rest up. Tomorrow is the Olive Branch Festival, and as future Luna you'll be overseeing preparations along with my daughter." Beta Kayden waved her off before wiping his own sweat and heading off in another direction.

Olwen left the training centre, still catching her breath a little but fulfilled and bubbling from the praise. She brushed a hand through her pale brown curls as she admired the wind blowing through the trees around her on her way back to her home.

Olwen Adams had been born an omega - beautiful with her brown hair and grey eyes, but also considered weak and fragile. Her parents, who had cherished her the most regardless, had died when she was fourteen, when all the packs in the Evergreen Wilds were being plagued by rogues.

Sometimes, Olwen still missed them, wishing she could hear their voices around their family home. But they had been well honoured by her pack mates - Alpha Bradley had comforted her at their funeral, saying that they had died protecting both their precious daughter and the Silver Arrow Pack, which was a great honour. Putting oneself on the line for their own pack was the ultimate show of loyalty and strength.

Wherever they were now, Olwen hoped she was making them proud...especially since a few years ago she had found her fated mate.

As she approached her home, she saw the man himself sitting on their front porch awaiting her arrival, and she smiled fondly.

Her wolf Opal purred in her mind. Our mate came to see us...

Alpha Bradley's son and future Alpha of the Silver Arrow Pack, Aaron Young.

"Hello, Olwen." The man greeted her with a warm smile.

He got up and pulled her close as she walked near, tenderly pressing his lips to hers. Olwen sighed, her eyes fluttering shut as she kissed back, inhaling her mate's scent.

"Aaron...what are you doing here? You told me you were busy with some administrative duties tonight."

"I am." Aaron admitted with an embarrassed smile. "But I found an opening to come here and give you this."

He extended a small box to her, opening it to show a beautiful necklace with an arrow shooting through a heart as the charm.

Olwen gazed at the necklace with wide eyes.

"Oh my...Aaron...you didn't have to."

"Please." Aaron scoffed, taking the necklace from the box and gently placing it around her neck. "It's the least I could do for my mate...and future Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack."

Olwen couldn't help the fond expression she was wearing as she gazed down at the beautiful piece of jewelry that sat on her neck, a reminder and promise of what was to come.

"My father and Beta Kayden have told me that you're taking to your duties as Luna quite well, and your fighting skills have improved too." Aaron said, clasping her hand encouragingly. "I'm impressed."

"Thank you, Aaron. For both the praise, and the necklace." Olwen replied with a chuckle.

"Don't mention it. Listen...I have to go now, but...I'll see you tomorrow at the Olive Branch Festival, yeah?"