Chapter 15 - Courtship

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming of Olwen and Landon to bring you more Elijah and Stela...

Also I've been seeing the sudden influx in votes for this story so thanks a lot everyone <3

Stela was never really one to care about fashion.

Back in the Silver Arrow Pack, Stela's outfits revolved around two things - comfortable and presentable enough. She cycled around the same few pairs of pants and shorts, with either a casual or collared shirt depending on the occasion. Only once in a while for special events did Stela put in more effort to dress up at the behest of her parents, despite Olwen's encouragements that she should have done so more often.

Little did Olwen know, that it would take her friend finding her fated mate to start focusing more on the outfits she wore.

"You sure I look okay?" Stela asked for the umpteenth time, fiddling with the outfit she'd settled on with her friend's help.

"You're perfectly fine. Elijah mind linked me and told me you don't need to look too fancy, just dress casual."

Casual was a denim button up shirt with pale lavender pants. After rummaging through the accessories that Stela had taken with her, Olwen had also thrown her a pair of star shaped earrings - self explanatory - and a cream coloured slouchy beanie.

"He didn't tell you at all what he was planning for our first date?"

Olwen grinned and shook her head. "Nope. Even if he did, I wouldn't tell you."

"Oh, come on, Olwen!" Her friend playfully nudged her. "Give me something to go by at least..."

"Enh, a bit late for that. He's here."

Immediately Stela's eyes went wide and her head snapped in the direction Olwen was gesturing to.

"Beta Elijah. Good morning."

Olwen dipped her head to the approaching wolf, and after a split second of staring, Stela followed suit.

"Good morning Beta."

It was hard to miss how Elijah acknowledged Olwen with the briefest nod before his gaze was completely devoted to his mate. A warm smile, one of adoration and affection, grew on his face.

"Are you ready for our date, Stela?"

"I guess so." The young woman managed, her cheeks flushing again. Despite being here to encourage and support her friend, Olwen couldn't help the small chuckle at Stela's face.

"Remember to bring my daughter back home by ten, young man!" Sylvie called from inside the house, though her tone was perforated with laughter.

Stela covered her face, but didn't exactly have the time to respond as Elijah grinned widely and responded in kind to his mate's mother.

"Will do, Mrs Anderson!"

"Good luck, Stela." Olwen smiled and patted her shoulder before sauntering off to her training session for the day.

......

"Usually the Gamma shows around new arrivals to the Moon River Pack, but given our unique circumstances-" Beta Elijah grinned cheerfully at Stela. "I've agreed to do so today. We'll take it slowly, starting with the pack library."

Stela had already taken note of the building that housed the library on her way into the Moon River Pack the day earlier, but actually walking inside was something new. On first glance it didn't seem as modern as the one in the Silver Arrow Pack was, but it had a more rustic feel to it. The lighting was warm, with tables, chairs and plush bean bags that some pack members were sitting on and reading. At the far corner, a librarian was narrating a book to a group of enthralled and excited kids, whom laughed and cheered with each impression the woman did of the characters.