Chapter 23 - Lunafication

A/N: FYI
I was referring to this when I thought of Olwen's dress: https://miabellathelabel.com/en-sg/products/cinderella-divine-b708

.....

"Can you believe it, Olwen?" Stela gasped with excitement, clasping her hands as she admired her friend. "To think that after all this time, you're still going to become a Luna!"

The function was in a week, and just as Alpha Landon had planned, Olwen's Luna Ceremony and their Marking Ceremony would be held today.

So here Olwen was, dressed in the same silver embellished ballgown that Elise had pointed out to her all those weeks ago. It was no less beautiful than it had been when she first bought it, making her resemble a Princess almost. Olwen's brown hair also was styled into a waterfall braid with little pearls weaved in here and there. And to symbolise her impending status, a blue circlet with a crescent moon.

Speaking of which, Elise was here too, helping out Olwen with her makeup. Stela was chatting about things as she sat nearby in a simple dress - she didn't want to take the spotlight away from the future Luna after all - but her eyes were also watching Elise like a hawk in case she tried anything.

"I'm finding a lot of things still hard to believe, trust me." Olwen admitted, seeing the way her makeup looked in the mirror.

About half a year ago she'd been forced into exile from her old pack after losing her Luna position to Kylie, and now she was about to become the Luna of another.

Her best friend Stela had given up her position as future Beta in the Silver Arrow Pack and somehow followed her here, and she and her brother found their mates in the process.

She and Beta Elijah had opted to do a private marking ceremony of their own sometime after they'd moved in together, so she was currently using her mated name, Stela Atwood. They were however, planning to also get married the human way somewhere after the Evergreen function.

Olwen had already accepted Stela's offer to be her bridesmaid, and Landon the Beta's best man. It did make her wonder if she would want to do the same with Landon own day. It would be pleasant, especially in that human town where they'd discovered they were fated for the first time. Maybe officially sign a document as 'Olwen Cartwright'.

Olwen Cartwright. She quite liked the sound of that.

Gamma Josh and Cael were already living together, the two of them not hurrying along their relationship at all and just having fun. Both also had their fair share of responsibilities, the latter looking far happier with his renewed sense of belonging in the Moon River Pack.

And Sylvie, who had left her husband behind in the Silver Arrow Pack and now lived alone in their home after both her children had found her mates. Olwen had checked in on her frequently, but found she wasn't that lonely. She'd made friends with some of the older she-wolves in the pack, in particular Beta Elijah's mother. She was now a frequent visitor to the bakery, and being a bit of a foodie herself, Nicole had come to rely on a lot of her thoughts when altering the bakery's menu.

After she slipped into her soft grey heels, Elise and Stela helped her to the front door to await the start of the Ceremony.

"You look great." Elise spoke softly, a genuine smile on her face. "Alpha Landon is fortunate to have you as his chosen mate."

Olwen smiled back at her. Stela was still skeptical about Elise, which was understandable, but as the weeks had passed, Olwen had actually started to become fond of the she-wolf as she embraced her true self.

She'd finished her alterations to the pink dress and was now working on a new assignment - dresses for Olwen and Stela for the pack function. She had given her one simple instruction after Elise took their measurements - to let her creativity flow.