Chapter 8 - Dominoes

A lovely morning in the Silver Arrow Pack was very quickly broken by the sound of everyone's phones chiming one after the other.

And then, like the metaphorical floodgates opening, voices began to stream in through the pack mind-link, reactions ranging from shock, denial, disgust and outrage.

"What the fuck is this?"

"How could Aaron and Kylie do such a thing?"

"It has to be fake, right?"

"It all makes sense now, they lied to us!"

"Look at how long they talked, they were so cruel..."

"Alpha Bradley surely couldn't have allowed this!"

"How could such sickening wolves lead the Silver Arrow Pack?"

As Alpha Bradley read the string of emails that had been sent to everyone in the pack, his face grew redder and redder, until at last he tore out of his home.

Dear Kylie,

Is Oliver treating you well in the Snow Fang Pack? I can't help but be jealous, even though I have Olwen to worry about now. I miss you, babydoll.

Aaron

......

Dear Aaron,

You know that you're the only one on my mind. Oliver could never measure up to you. Think about my proposal and get back to me, okay?

Kisses,

Kylie

......

Dear Kylie,

I've decided to agree to your suggestion. If you reject Oliver and return to the Silver Arrow Pack, l'll end things with Olwen and make you my chosen mate and Luna instead. I know my father will cover for me since Olwen is only an omega.

Love,

Aaron

.......

Hi Aaron,

I'm on the way back to the Silver Arrow Pack. I've fulfilled my end of the deal and rejected Oliver. I'll tell everyone that Oliver rejected me so that Olwen doesn't suspect a thing. Now you keep your promise.

Kylie

Those were just three emails in a whole chain, some messages more explicit than the rest.

Ignoring the shouts and protests of Beta Kayden and Sylvie, Alpha Bradley broke down their door, hauled Cael from his bed and dragged him right out into the centre of the pack. Everyone else hurried out at the sight of the commotion, stunned and dazed.

"Why did you send such lies?" Alpha Bradley roared, holding the smaller man up by his collar.

Cael breathed shakily, but despite being lifted several inches off the ground by his Alpha he had a look of fearful defiance on his face.

"They're not lies, sir. I found them on Aaron's computer."

"Cut the crap!" Alpha Bradley tossed the younger male to the ground, scattered gasps coming up from the onlookers. "If you don't tell me the truth, you'll be beaten and thrown into the dungeons!"

"I am telling the truth."

Growling, Alpha Bradley shifted into his wolf, prompting Cael to do the same to defend himself. The watching pack members let out cries of shock as Bastian lunged at Cobalt, quickly grabbing the smaller grey wolf by the scruff and tossing him away.