Chapter 19 - Tethered

Behold, the longest chapter I have done thus far

(Also I've updated character mood boards for Olwen, Landon, Stela and Cael so do check those out)

Twelve dates.

That was how many Alpha Landon had taken Olwen on by the time another month had passed.

Each one varied in time and location - after all, it depended heavily on both their availability. Alpha Landon was still rather preoccupied with pack matters, and Olwen was juggling training and spending some time with her friends. But they shared a common feature, that both Landon and Olwen made it work, and they were both enjoying everything they'd done together so far.

They'd gone for a picnic near the river, had lunch together at the Alpha's home, and gone for a tea break at the bakery, which also meant having to have Elijah's parents third wheeling their date. The pair had even sparred again in the training centre, and Olwen was proud to recount to Stela that she'd been able to catch the Alpha off guard and knock him face down onto the mat.

Speaking of which, Stela and Cael had begun their training with Cassidy as well. Despite Cael's previous lack of interest in training to fight, Alpha Landon and Beta Elijah had assured him that the training was necessary for every member of the pack, and that he would not be judged based on his skill level.

The higher ups made it clear anyways that programming and tech was what they needed Cael's assistance in over anything else: there were a number of menial processes the Moon River Pack undertook which could use streamlining.

So if Cael wasn't on dates with Gamma Josh - they'd made their relationship public a few days after Olwen's first date with Landon - or training, he would be working on programs that the pack would be able to use in the future, much to his pleasure.

Since Stela had practically scared the omega away from her mate, Elise hadn't been giving them any problems. She was still around the Moon River Pack, if not examining the various dresses and accessories at the boutique, then she was speaking with some of the unmated wolves. Olwen hoped that the she-wolf would find her footing one day and not spend the rest of her life chasing after others.

......

Olwen awoke with a start, yawning as her alarm went off. She glanced at her phone on the bedside table, seeing a message come in just minutes later.

Happy one month anniversary,

I told you I would be taking you on a much more interesting date since it's one of the longest openings I have, right? So that meant leaving both today and tomorrow open.

Get dressed, eat your breakfast, do whatever you need to do before you come and meet me. I'll be outside your home waiting in about an hour.

I hope this isn't too bold of me to ask, but Stela will be dropping by your home soon with a dress. I had her help in picking it out, and I hope it's to your liking.

Olwen blushed deeply, and with Opal howling excitedly and wagging her tail, she climbed out of bed and began to get ready.

She had no idea what Alpha Landon had planned, but a few days before the only hint he had given her was to pack a small suitcase for a one night stay elsewhere.

The doorbell rang about ten minutes later, to Stela and surprisingly, Beta Elijah both there.

"Good morning, Olwen." Stela waggled her eyebrows at her friend teasingly, handing over a soft, pastel coloured floral dress. "Just to pre-empt, if the dress isn't your thing then that's my fault-"

"No, the dress looks great, I love it." Olwen assured her, accepting the outfit with a smile. "I'm just surprised that you and your mate - Good morning, Beta," She nodded at Elijah. "Came here together. Are you two going somewhere?"