Chapter 25 - Function

A/N: Heeeere goes nothing!

.......

Since the inception of the Evergreen Wilds Packs, there had been two more packs that splintered off from others, resulting in a grand total of seven packs. The Silver Arrow Pack, the Moon River Pack, the Fire Claw Pack, the Snow Fang Pack, the Willow Creek Pack, the Ocean Gem Pack, and the Night Ridge Pack.

As Alpha Aaron, Luna Kylie and Beta Kayden entered the event hall, quite a number of leaders from other packs had already arrived. Recognising some faces from the function his father had him attend the year prior, he approached a few to introduce his Luna. Beta Kayden meanwhile, wondered away to the drinks table.

"Alpha Aaron! Congratulations on your appointment!" Alpha Frederick greeted him with a smile, the two of them shaking hands. Aaron was in a good spot for now; the Night Ridge Pack was the most newly formed out of the Evergreen Wilds Packs and relied the most on the Silver Arrow Pack.

"Alpha Frederick, nice to see you again after so long. I hope the Night Ridge Pack is holding up well after the small epidemic you had last year."

Alpha Frederick nodded. "Fortunately yes." He guided a beautiful woman in a black dress standing next to him forward. "I'm sure you recall my lovely mate, Luna Olivia."

"Of course." Alpha Aaron dipped his head and shook Luna Olivia's hand as well, before doing the same thing and bringing Luna Kylie forward. It was clear she had been waiting for her first introduction.

"And this is my own mate, Luna Kylie."

"Wonderful to meet you, Luna Kylie." Alpha Frederick shook the woman's hand, albeit with a slightly puzzled smile. "Though I recall that you had a different woman with you during last year's function?"

Luna Kylie's smile froze and Alpha Aaron quickly had to come up with something.

"Yes...I did." He explained, trying to keep his voice calm and measured. "But something unfortunate occured, and...as of now she is no longer part of the Silver Arrow Pack. We don't know where she is."

"Oh, I see." Alpha Frederick did not seem very satisfied with that answer but smiled anyways. "Regardless, it's a pleasure to meet you both."

Alpha Aaron spent a while chatting with Alpha Frederick on some trivial matters, the latter clearly trying to butter him up for some agreement related to his pack security, while Luna Kylie and Luna Olivia talked themselves.

"Alpha Frederick and Alpha Aaron!"

Aaron turned to recognise the Alpha and Luna of the Fire Claw Pack walking over to them, the Luna's belly clearly showing a pregnancy.

"Alpha Silas, how have you been?" Alpha Frederick shook his hand before Aaron did the same.

"I've been doing well." Alpha Silas responded warmly, taking his mate's hand and guiding her alongside him. "Pack operations are going smoothly. So most recently, I've been focusing on growing my family with Luna Quinn."

"Congratulations to both of you!" Luna Olivia exclaimed, genuinely happy for both of them as she lightly embraced Quinn - the two women seemed to be on rather good terms.

"Yes, congratulations to you both. You deserve happiness." Alpha Aaron said, when Kylie interrupted behind him.

"Yes, perhaps it is a great match if the Alpha wishes to have many children."

Alpha Silas raised an eyebrow at Luna Kylie with a skeptical and curious expression on his face.

"I...beg your pardon?"