Chapter 17 - Relationship: Redux

Olwen checked the mirror one last time, making sure everything was in order before going to spray on some perfume.

She hadn't felt this nervous in years - not even her first date with Aaron had been this nerve wrecking.

Though Landon had clearly voiced his interest in her when she'd first arrived at pack borders, when they'd started out there was no fated mate-bond tying them together. The attraction and depth of their relationship had naturally blossomed as time went by, and for some reason, with it so did their strange connection.

Olwen had been taken aback this morning when Landon came to see her and ask her out of their first actual date, but after inhaling his scent up close following a week of a lack of physical proximity with the Alpha, she'd had to spend the next two hours calming a rather excited and oddly desperate Opal down.

This is just our first date. Olwen sternly reprimanded her wolf as she waited at the front porch of her home for Landon. We're not serious yet, so don't try anything and make me lock your consciousness away for the night.

She didn't want to threaten Opal so harshly, but after two hours of being sent a barrage of explicit thoughts and images, Olwen just had to put her foot down.

Sorry...Opal whined, not sounding sorry at all.

Olwen sighed, adjusting her clothes one final time. She was wearing a denim dress with a brown belt and simple lavender sneakers, and a pair of small crystal studs as earrings. Her brown hair was tied into a high ponytail.

The moment Landon's scent reached her nose, Opal sprung up, howling for a second before she remembered Olwen's warning and begrudgingly quieted down.

Olwen smiled and stepped off her porch as the Alpha approached. Affection bubbled up at the sight before her. He was dressed in a black button up and jeans, his messier blonde hair lightly combed. One of his hands was hiding behind his back as he stopped a respectable distance from her on the grass.

"Good evening, Olwen. Are you ready for our date?"

"Yes." Olwen managed a nod, her eyelashes fluttering as that forest after rain smell nearly swallowed up all her senses.

Landon nodded in return, and for a brief second Olwen thought she saw him bite his lip as his eyes flashed yellow before he kept talking.

"I dropped by Jackson's shop and bought this for you."

He produced a small bouquet of fresh pink buttercups, and Olwen's mouth dropped.

"These are beautiful...why haven't I seen these?"

"I might have requested them from him specially for tonight." Landon admitted, gently handing her the flowers. "I have been working up the courage to ask you to dinner for weeks, I just was waiting for the right time."

"You didn't need to, but thank you." Olwen murmured. She clutched the bouquet in her hands and smiled at Landon.

"I wanted to." The Alpha assured her simply, offering her his arm and waggling his eyebrows playfully. "Shall we?"

Chuckling at his antics, Olwen linked her arm through his, holding on to the buttercup bouquet with her other as they headed to the nearby pack restaurant.

Once they had arrived, Landon went straight to the front counter, where the waiter bowed.

"Alpha. Your reservation for six thirty, right?"

"Yes, thank you Cedric."

The waiter glanced at Olwen and gave her a respectful nod.

"Miss. You and the Alpha, come this way please.."