Chapter 10 - Attraction

After cooling down and taking a shower, Olwen was eating in her new home. She'd been moved in here after her Integration Ceremony, and was still in the process of decorating her space. As she finished, Gamma Josh spoke to her through the mindlink.

Go to the Alpha's parents' house once you're free. They requested to see you.

Wearing a grey polo T-shirt and jeans, Olwen left her home and cycled to where Landon's parents stayed. Josh had pointed it out to her during one of her first few days in the pack, but she hadn't really seen or talked to Mr and Mrs Cartwright yet.

As she knocked on the door of the house, she briefly prayed to the Moon Goddess and hoped she hadn't done something to tick off the Alpha's parents.

The woman that answered the door had dark hair with small wisps of grey, but kind blue eyes like Landon's.

"Hello, Mrs Cartwright...you and your husband wanted to see me?" Olwen asked cautiously.

"Why yes, we wanted to finally meet the newest member of our son's pack." Landon's mother smiled and stepped aside to allow Olwen to enter the house. "I'm not sure why, but my son wasn't too keen on us meeting with you so quickly during your first week here."

Despite her words, Olwen caught the teasing glint in the older woman's eye and felt the blood rush to her face. Even if Landon hadn't said it out loud, his parents probably saw right through him.

"I see...well it's nice to meet you finally, Mrs Cartwright. I'm Olwen."

"Wonderful to meet you, Olwen! And please, no need to be so formal with us. I am Holly, and my husband, whom will be down shortly, is Wendell." Olwen shook Holly's hand, surprised by the firmness in it. But then again, what did she expect from an Alpha's mother?

"Ah, Miss Olwen, you're here!" Landon had definitely inherited his father's dirty blonde hair, as the older man approached and shook Olwen's hand as well. "It's a pleasure to welcome you. I heard about what happened to you in your previous pack, and I apologise on behalf of all alphas. Alpha Bradley is as prideful as he is stubborn."

Surprise flickered through Olwen's eyes. "I see." She'd seen how Alpha Bradley had interacted with the other leaders at the function, and everyone looked polite. On the surface, at least, because no one wanted to offend the Alpha of the strongest pack in the forest.

"Well, come in, we must talk." Holly spoke with a warm smile.

Olwen had a strangely comfortable conversation with Wendell and Holly for the next half an hour, considering who they were. They didn't address how she ended up at the Moon River Pack, instead sharing random anecdotes about recent events. The two older adults were keen to hear about Olwen's experiences in her new environment and how she'd found her Integration ceremony, of which Olwen carefully avoided mentioning anything about the little moment Opal and Lark had.

Before Olwen was about to leave however, Holly passed her a plastic wrapped box.

"Oh yes, we were hoping you could help us pass this to our son? He should be in his office about now."

"Uh...sure." Olwen managed, glancing down to find that she had been handed a box of tea. She'd seen a mug of chamomile sitting at Landon's desk the first and last time she'd been to his office, so that made sense.

The two nodded brightly, knowing all too well what they were doing.

"Thank you, Olwen. We'll see you around." Wendell said with a grateful smile before they closed their door and Olwen left, clutching the box.

Cycling up to the building, Olwen located Alpha Landon's office fairly easily. Passing by the main rooms and down the corridor, she relaxed upon receiving his forest after rain scent, only to tense up again as the sweet smell of vanilla and honey reached her too. She'd smelt it before, in fact a few days ago during the integration activity with Opal - it had belonged to a small cream coloured wolf she'd found crouching amongst some bushes.