Chapter 2 - Ultimatum

With the sound of the door opening, Aaron immediately scrambled off of Kylie, both using different areas of the blanket in an attempt to cover their naked bodies.

"Olwen-!" Aaron said in alarm, his eyes darting from Kylie to his mate standing in the doorway. "You weren't supposed be back this early..."

For a moment, Olwen said nothing, gradually taking in the sight before her. Her mate...in bed with a woman whom she had come to see as a friend.

Kylie was covering herself as well, looking just as embarrassed as Aaron but more...relieved if that made any sense. She stayed silent and avoided Olwen's gaze however, as Aaron quickly scrambled for his boxers and tried to speak.

"O-Olwen...please...I...I can explain..."

Olwen didn't need to say anything as Opal surged forward, her grey eyes turning bright blue.

"Don't come near us." Opal growled, sounding just as hurt as Olwen was, before she took over Olwen's body and ran them both from the scene.

......

When Olwen had been training as Luna, she'd been taught to look out for several landmarks that indicated they were close to the pack borders.

One such mark was a large oak tree that had been present far before Olwen was born-an old timer who had seen more than they ever had, Aaron had once joked to her as they went on a walk together.

Today, Olwen huddled herself beneath that large oak tree alone, sobbing quietly and her face streaked with tears.

Perhaps knowing that Olwen was in no mood to see anyone now, Opal had led her down a path where she would not encounter any of her pack mates, and she had been here for quite some time.

How could Aaron have done this? Her mind flashed back through all the times they had spent together since finding out they were mates. He'd seemed so loving, so caring, and such a perfect mate...or perhaps that had been Ares. She'd thought Aaron loved her, but it was also no secret that his wolf was hard for him to restrain when they were around her and Opal.

Maybe that's why he didn't mark me, Olwen realised. So that I wouldn't know if he was with another she-wolf.

And Kylie...Olwen hadn't known her that well before she returned to the Silver Arrow Pack a few months back, but she had taken it upon herself to make her feel accepted and comfortable after her mate had rejected her.

What had she done for Kylie to jump in bed with her fated behind her back?

Olwen broke down into sobs again, not caring that the sun was already beginning to set overhead. Similarly, Opal had been howling in agony in her head.

How could he? Why didn't Ares do anything? He should've stopped him, he should've controlled his stupid human!

Olwen would have been comfortable sitting beneath the tree, just crying with her heart numb from anger and sadness if not for a voice that came through the mind link.

Olwen, please come to see me at my office. Someone would like to explain themselves to you.

Olwen shakily inhaled as Opal snarled in her mind.

We don't have to see that bastard.

She was about to respond to her wolf when she finally noticed the sunset happening. The Olive Branch Festival was going to start in half an hour. She sighed.

Regardless of what had just happened...the Olive Branch Festival was still today, and if she had to get through whatever was about to happen with her mate, she would have to endure it.