Chapter 6 - Initiation

After contemplating her options for one more day, Olwen made her choice.

Which brought her to where she was now, being led into the Moon River Pack territory by Alpha Landon himself.

Pack members who happened to be out and about and noticed the new arrival eyed her with curiosity and some amount of suspicion, and Olwen couldn't blame them. She did recognise Beta Elijah, who was heading out of what appeared to be a bakery. Upon catching her gaze, the man nodded at her respectfully, a gesture she returned.

She followed Alpha Landon into his office, at which point he placed a form on the desk.

"Just fill up your particulars, it's for administrative purposes if everything goes well."

Olwen nodded, taking a pen from the Alpha and writing down what they required of her.

Name: Olwen Adams

Age: 21

Gender: Female

Wolf: Opal

Olwen continued down each line, filling in her height, weight, any allergies or health conditions, any previous allegiances, until she arrived at an optional box for other contacts.

For a moment, she contemplated writing down Stela Anderson. She'd been her closest friend back in the Silver Arrow Pack, and the last person to interact with her before she had left.

But after some thought, she decided to leave the box blank.

If she was starting afresh in a new pack, she wasn't sure if she wanted ties to anyone from the Silver Arrow Pack yet, even those who had been good to her. Given her choice of exile, she didn't wish for Stela, Cael or their mother to get repercussions from Alpha Bradley or heck, Beta Kayden even for contacting her, and she didn't want to raise suspicions from Landon or his subordinates. 

And who knows...maybe they'd gotten used to the idea of Kylie becoming their Luna by now.

Once the form was filled, Alpha Landon entered her information into the system himself, as Olwen waited patiently; for a brief moment, his eyes glossed over, showing he was communicating with the pack mindlink.

"I've called for my Gamma, Josh to come up and show you to your new home here. It's right in the middle of the pack grounds and is where any new potential additions to the Moon River Pack stay. I hope you're fine with that."

"Of course, Alpha." Olwen dipped her head in respect, trying to ignore the disarming forest after rain scent floating around her.

Less than a few minutes later, a young man with short auburn hair and grey eyes entered the office. He bowed to Landon.

"Alpha."

His gaze turned to Olwen, and despite the wariness in his eyes he greeted her.

"Miss Adams, it's nice to meet you. I'm here to bring you to your residence. I'll also be your guide in getting you accustomed to life here in the Moon River Pack."

Olwen smiled politely and stood up, shaking hands with him.

"You must be Josh, the Gamma. It's nice to meet you too. Shall we get going?"

"Of course, right this way, Miss."

Olwen was about to head out first, but then stopped and glanced slightly back at Landon, who happened to be looking at her.

"Uh...I'll see you around, Alpha."

Alpha Landon nodded, fixating his brilliant blue eyes on her for a moment before they went back to his documents.