Chapter 14 - Friendship

The administration process that took place in Landon's office turned out to be a bit more complicated than previously thought.

To be more specific, processing the papers for Sylvie and Cael were fine, but Stela had to write down her particulars whilst being seated in his Beta's lap.

Beta Elijah had not left Stela's side since he'd laid eyes on her at the east borders. Even now, as she was writing down details on the form, the man had his arms wrapped around her waist, his facial expression that of a human in a fight with his wolf, trying to prevent himself from openly burying his nose in Stela's neck and inhaling her scent.

Stela wasn't exactly unfazed either, her cheeks tinted a rosy pink as she tried her best to concentrate on penning her signature on the paper despite the way her hand shook. Standing aside and waiting for the administration process to be completed, Olwen had never seen her friend this flustered before, and even she herself was still coming to terms with how Beta Elijah and Stela had turned out to be fated. Sylvie and Cael waited beside her, their own expressions betraying their amusement.

The awkward silence in the room dragged on, with only the clicking of computer keys and the distant rumbling of the air conditioner being heard before Alpha Landon spoke.

"Allow me and my Beta to accompany you three to your tentative accommodations for the week."

Everyone was startled by the low growling that was coming from Elijah, including Stela.

Landon sighed and levelled his gaze rather sternly at him.

"This is protocol for any wolves wishing to join the Moon River Pack, even if they are mates with any of the members."

This was enough for Elijah to reluctantly fall silent and dip his head.

"Of course, Alpha. Apologies." He muttered.

Stela twisted her head around to look up at him, and immediately the Beta softened, reaching out one hand to gently tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear. The she-wolf turned even redder and looked back down at the interesting nothingness on Alpha Landon's desk.

.......

"My sister has found her mate." Cael repeated. "I am going to have a brother-in-law. That is going to take some getting used to."

Olwen and him were seated in the dining room of the temporary home, the very same which Olwen had stayed in when she first came to the Moon River Pack. Sylvie was already setting up the fridge and carrying out ingredients for dinner, and Olwen and Cael were talking while discreetly watching Elijah and Stela interact at the front porch of the house.

Elijah was gently clasping her hands and saying something, his face earnest and his hazel eyes focused on her as if she was all his life depended upon now. They couldn't see Stela's expression, but she appeared to be nodding as she listened to what her mate was saying.

The Beta then gently lifted her hands to his lips before stepping away and heading off. Stela turned and headed back into the house, her face still beet red and incredibly disoriented.

"You good, sis?" Cael asked with a teasing smirk, as his sibling drew back a chair and sat down at the dining table next to them.

"His name is Elijah Atwood." Stela spoke quietly, her eyes staring past both her brother and friend. "My mate..."

Her eyes flashed indigo as she jerked her head in the direction in which the Beta had gone before she blinked and snapped herself out of it.

"Sorry guys, everything that happened today is just...a lot to take in." She said, scratching the back of her neck. "We're staying in a new pack, and the pack's Beta is my fated."