Chapter 44

Alarice lived a peaceful life. The last three years was like a healing phase for her. Mael is the only person who was connected with her through the years.

There were times that Mael looks like he wanted to say something but chose not to. He was a very sensitive person. He knows that she doesn't want to hear any news about the palace.

It's the only way to keep her peace.

That day, She and the children were all in the market buying something. There was not much people in the streets as it is in the afternoon.

Alarice personally managed their home. She was the one who cleans, cook and do laundry. Like a regular housewife. Something that she didn't expect to do in this life of hers. Nonetheless, she's contented.

She made her silver hair color turn to brown so not to stand out. Even the eye color and hair color of her children were altered. This way, no one will suspect the origin of the children.

"Mom! Can we play with them?" Ember asked enthusiastically as she was pointing to the group of children who were playing.

Alarice looked at the children and nod. "Sure, but don't go too far okay? And don't use your power just to bully other kids, Ember." She warned her daughter

Ember was always naughty. She was a free spirited child. Compared to the serious and reserved Emery, she needed extra attention as there are times that she got in to trouble with other kids and hurt herself in the process.

She was also someone who loves sword and fighting. Honestly, Ember's whole self is just a carbon copy of his father. Her appearance and her hobbies and even her talents. All came from his father.

"Don't worry mother,I'll look after her." Emery said

Looking at Emery, he also got so much from his father. The only thing that Emery got from her is her silver hair. Emery resembles the serious personality of his father. The arrogance and confidence that a ruler posses.

There were times that she felt sorry for her children. Both of them stand a chance on becoming a ruler of a glorious empire, but her cowardice prevented them from having that life. Instead, here they are, living a humble life near the boarder hiding their identity.

Both of them are deprived of education befitting of a royalty. Even though she tried her best teaching them she knows her knowledge is not enough. Especially, Ember. She wanted to learn swordfighting. Mael was the one who taught Ember every now and then but their time was limited.

That's why she has to went home to their country as soon as possible. So that the two children will much safer and can learn anything they want.

She pat Emery's head.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I'll just buy some meat for our dinner then we'll go home, okay?" She said

She then went to the butcher to buy some meat.

"Look who's here! Alyana! How are you?" The butcher greeted her

Alyana. That's the name she's been using ever since she moved in here.

"I'm doing good, Carl. Gimme the usual. " She said

"Sure thing!" He said

She developed a good relationship with people in this town. In the past years, they helped her, a single parent, in her every day life. They taught her the things she need to learn as a commoner.

She was just so lucky to be in a friendly town like this. When she went out of the shop she saw her children talking to a man covered in robes. He's suspicious.