Chapter 47

Alarice was crowned as the Empress once again. The news travelled fast as well as the appearance of the two imperial children.

After months of preparation, once again. Alarice found herself in a room she once runaway from. The two table intended for her and for Nicholas, the spacious space filled with nothing but luxury.

It's relaxing and yet burdening. Constantly reminding her of the weight of the crown.

She sat at her usual desk and began reading some documents. Caleb was once again appointed as her aide. He was organizing some files at the cabinet inside the office.

It was only the two of them there.

"I'm glad you're back. your Majesty." He said breaking off the silence

She just smirked. "So you can get away with piles of work?" She joked

"Oh please, you don't know the hell Pierre and I have gone through these years." He said that made her giggle.

Then a knock on the door.

"Come in." She commanded

Nicholas came in with a flower crown in his hand. Her one brow lift.

The never had the chance to have a proper conversation after that night again for they were both busy. Especially Nicholas who was trying to win the affection of the twins. He's teaching Ember swordfighting while also teaching Emery history and politics.

The atmosphere is kinda awkward that Caleb cannot contain it anymore and excuse himself.

"Ember asked me to give this to you." He said awkwardly

He looks a lot better now compared when she first saw him couple of months ago. He use his free time playing with Emery and Ember. A lot of times, he tried to use the kids to have her join them during dinner. Which she doesn't have a choice but to oblige.

Alarice sighed.

"What are you doing Your Majesty?" She asked

"Nothing. Just running some errands for my daughter." He said

"We have a lot of work to do. Please use your time wisely."

"That's what I'm doing. I'm running errands for my daughter while also coaxing you to accept me again. Please?" He asked with his puppy eyes

He looked like Ember when she was asking for sweets. She smiled a little.

"I'll accept the flower but do some work. We have a lot of things to do." She said

Nicholas' face brightens. He puts the flower crown on her head and quickly went to his desk for work.

Days passed by just like that. Nicholas kept on asking her to play with them or join them with their picnics and she keeps on accepting for the children's sake.

She actually hope that this will lasts. It's quite peaceful. She was in the moon palace's garden that day. She was having a breather after a long day of work when she saw suddenly a movement from the bush.

"Who's there?" She asked

The movement kept on and she was about the throw her shoes at it but she realized it was a child.

The child was on his knees looking at her with teary eyes. He looks like around three years old. He was a bit thin and is trembling from fear. His cute face is full of dirt. Nonetheless, his beautiful appearance is still there. His golden blind hair shines under the setting sun and his ocean blue eyes became more drowning-like because of his tears.